• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Their Strength was Our Weakness

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

I don't imagine that many four star recruits have watched our last seven games and thought, "Man, I need to go to USF and be part of the special story that is developing there!  Their future is so bright I need sunglasses."

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, LewSFBulls said:

See, I may in the minority here, but is he really that great at recruiting?? No 4 stars or even close to it have signed since he's been here. Saloman was our last one under Taggart, I think Flowers as an athlete was higher than anyone Strong had brought in. Not overly impressed. 

He isnt great at recruiting but moderately successful at it considering the mess we look like on tv.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

He isnt great at recruiting but moderately successful at it considering the mess we look like on tv.

Most of Strongs recruits look very Skippian!

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

6 hours ago, BDYZR said:

The fans in attendance also so another CCS totally unprepared and unemotional team.

Oh yea, and a national tv audience. CCS needs to stfu about fan support.

How do you measure emotion?  I hear this throughout the year and am not sure what it means?

I played two sports and was pretty quiet about it.  I had the inside fire.  We had outspoken guys on the team but that wasn’t my style.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

5 hours ago, LewSFBulls said:

See, I may in the minority here, but is he really that great at recruiting?? No 4 stars or even close to it have signed since he's been here. Saloman was our last one under Taggart, I think Flowers as an athlete was higher than anyone Strong had brought in. Not overly impressed. 

you shouldn't be in the minority. not sure why people think he is a good recruiter. he has two of the worst recruiting rankings in our history. 77-65-76 nationally in his 3 years.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

12 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

you shouldn't be in the minority. not sure why people think he is a good recruiter. he has two of the worst recruiting rankings in our history. 77-65-76 nationally in his 3 years.

Not that far from what Boise gets...and Boise is much better program.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Not that far from what Boise gets...and Boise is much better program.

50-57-64

last 3 years for boise. I'm not big on rankings but theirs are much better

+27- +8- +12

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

Wisconsin has to be one of the worst possible matchups for us.  The 49-0 scoreline is extremely disappointing, but I noticed new things that last year's team didn't do.  Defensive alignment was much better, there was actually penetration in the backfield, guys were driving through their tackles, and there was nowhere near as much chasing.  It was nice to see breaking routes on offense, but the WRs have to catch the ball.  The inexcusable parts were the offensive line not blocking and the terrible situational gameplay (3rd down and end-of-half).

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

18 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Tough to watch tonight.  I was in town for this one.  I thought we’d get beat, but not battered like we did.  Top to bottom no one played well on a big stage.

The dropped balls on the first two drives were really bad.

At the end of the day our D was no match for their running game.  Our O looked totally out of sync from play one. The fact that we didn’t cross midfield until late in the 4th quarter was really awful.

Lick your wounds and prepare for GT.

Go Bulls!

Was their strength football?

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

I don't imagine that many four star recruits have watched our last seven games and thought, "Man, I need to go to USF and be part of the special story that is developing there!  Their future is so bright I need sunglasses."

Ya, these kind of games are a self-destructive cycle. Lose these games like this, lose recruits, lose more games like this and it never ends.