• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Their Strength was Our Weakness

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Tough to watch tonight.  I was in town for this one.  I thought we’d get beat, but not battered like we did.  Top to bottom no one played well on a big stage.

The dropped balls on the first two drives were really bad.

At the end of the day our D was no match for their running game.  Our O looked totally out of sync from play one. The fact that we didn’t cross midfield until late in the 4th quarter was really awful.

Lick your wounds and prepare for GT.

Go Bulls!

USF-GT should be an absolutely hideous game. Both still look lost on offense, but GT appears to be ahead of us here.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

52 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Usually there is at least something to point to in order to grab onto something you can pretend to be hopefully about; I really can’t come up with anything.

Tackles for a loss and actually tackling outside Taylor in open was better than last year I felt.

I really feel if the freaking offense had any pulse at all this defense was doing enough to keep us in the game.

Offense was putrid...worse than even the worse early Tag teams.  All I can hope for is that Wisconsin is a playoff team and we underestimated them some.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

The fans in attendance may have seen this year’s Heisman winner in Taylor.  He will run all over a lot of teams provided he stays healthy.

The O and especially the O Line was really disappointing.  Much different D next week.

Go Bulls!

The fans in attendance also so another CCS totally unprepared and unemotional team.

Oh yea, and a national tv audience. CCS needs to stfu about fan support.

Edited by BDYZR

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Tech will want revenge and they will get it 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

The fans in attendance also so another CCS totally unprepared and unemotional team.

Oh yea, and a national tv audience. CCS needs to stfu about fan support.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,330
  • Days Won:  10

Article from last year's Oracle

11/25/2018 post game comments

“You look at us, we’re very fortunate to win the seven games that we won,” Strong said Friday. “You look at the last five, when you can’t score, you have to be able to stop people and you can’t give up the big plays.”

Marquez Valdes-Scantling, now a wide receiver who has had a fairly successful rookie season with the Green Bay Packers and led USF’s receivers last season, saw a tweet with a portion of that quote and responded with his own.

“You serious?? Is this a real quote?” he said in the tweet.

But that wasn’t the only part of Strong’s press conference that bothered Valdes-Scantling.

“Just overall, we’re not a very good football team,” Strong said after the UCF loss.

Strong’s simple sentence elicited an even simpler response from Valdes-Scantling, who responded with just two words.

“Pure disrespect.” he said in his tweet.

Valdes-Scantling wasn’t the only player who was watching the War on I-4. Former-USF running back Marlon Mack, who is having the best season of his young career with the Indianapolis Colts, took to social media to critique some coaching decisions on offense.

“Please Run More Outside Zone !!!” Mack tweeted about one hour after kickoff.

Mack didn’t specify an exact play he was referencing in his tweet, but it was clearly directed toward the fact that USF’s offense was consistently running plays up the middle with little to no success.

Question:  would any of CCS's former players play for him again?  I think that is a great measure of a coach.

Edited by Grateful Dad

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

9 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

Tough to watch tonight.  I was in town for this one.  I thought we’d get beat, but not battered like we did.  Top to bottom no one played well on a big stage.

The dropped balls on the first two drives were really bad.

At the end of the day our D was no match for their running game.  Our O looked totally out of sync from play one. The fact that we didn’t cross midfield until late in the 4th quarter was really awful.

Lick your wounds and prepare for GT.

Go Bulls!

Macon did...he's a stud.  He's going to have a great season, if he doesn't get disheartened.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Chuckles has no idea how to lead and inspire which is the true hallmark of a great head coach in any sport.  There's a lot of psychology involved with being a head coach and unfortunately Chuckles is lacking in that dept.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Chuckles has no idea how to lead and inspire which is the true hallmark of a great head coach in any sport.  There's a lot of psychology involved with being a head coach and unfortunately Chuckles is lacking in that dept.

Yep. Guy is pretty good at selling (recruiting) but outside that he is mediocre as a HC.  He is a bad version of Ron Zook.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yep. Guy is pretty good at selling (recruiting) but outside that he is mediocre as a HC.  He is a bad version of Ron Zook.

See, I may in the minority here, but is he really that great at recruiting?? No 4 stars or even close to it have signed since he's been here. Saloman was our last one under Taggart, I think Flowers as an athlete was higher than anyone Strong had brought in. Not overly impressed.