• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FAU will be dangerous

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

No way they pass UCF, the program at UCF maybe hurting now, but I believe they will be fine in a few years. UCF has a fan base and possibly an on campus stadium. FAU is "averaging" 12k fans, BUT ticket receipts are in the 4-5k range.

Money is already low and the team is having to regulate itself to 4 home dates a year.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

isnt this the USF message board? What is this doing here.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400

this needs to be moved to the state of florida board

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I don't like to move posts unless they're intrusive, but this is so much a "State of Florida" topic that it really should be moved there. Doing now.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

FAU is in a realm where there is "0" support from alumni and fans.  Schnelly will eventually burn out on trying anymore.  FAU is in the Sunbelt and will probably win some conference games or even compete for the Sunbelt title...but that's not saying much.  They're rebuilding already...it'll be a while before they're back.

UCF is on an upswing and although climbing slowly...they're still climbing and receiving a lot more support from alumni and brass.  The program will have better facilities on campus in all sports within 5 years....Football and indoor sports within 2.  By 2007...UCF will have a solid experienced team and be competing for the top 25.

In fact...once UCF's facilites are built...it will be USF that will be wondering how UCF got right back in the game.  UCF will be one of most attractive schools for athletes to go to in FL.  Not saying that UCF will be competing with the Big 3...but FAU won't catch up or grow like USF did.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

ucf fans be careful dissing your other little bro

you may turn around in 5 years and be scratching your head like you are now wondering what happened

you guys better keep your eye on your own ball and don't make the crazy mistakes you made in the past

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Let's keep this about FAU.

You can't spend your way into athletic prosperity. If you could, we'd all be FAU's beeotch. They've got a pile of money from wealthy local donors, an athletic facility that is the envy of schools 100 places higher on the NCAA food chain, and what has it gotten them?

They had to threaten litigation to get into I-A at all. They have no fan base. Attendance is pathetic despite massive giveaway programs. Their pipe-dream 40K-seat domed facility is not a serious plan. And if you've noticed, they just lost to Louisiana-Monroe and are at or near the very bottom of I-A.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Anyone who thinks FAU is for real in I-A needs their head examined.  Florida may be talent rich, but not for 7 I-A schools.  I think FAU will be the first to fall.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

FAU AND FIU are horrendous and will never touch UCF.... Money can buy you many things but not equality with any other d1 in florida.

True!

FIU & FAU have the fan support of Jacksonville (JU). The only way they could survive is if they follow the JU model and go "non-scholarship". They have two choices, as any business does.

1) Increase revenues (see attendance)

or

2) Cut Cost (bye-bye scholarships)

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

FAU is in a realm where there is "0" support from alumni and fans.  Schnelly will eventually burn out on trying anymore.  FAU is in the Sunbelt and will probably win some conference games or even compete for the Sunbelt title...but that's not saying much.  They're rebuilding already...it'll be a while before they're back.

UCF is on an upswing and although climbing slowly...they're still climbing and receiving a lot more support from alumni and brass.  The program will have better facilities on campus in all sports within 5 years....Football and indoor sports within 2.  By 2007...UCF will have a solid experienced team and be competing for the top 25.

In fact...once UCF's facilites are built...it will be USF that will be wondering how UCF got right back in the game.  UCF will be one of most attractive schools for athletes to go to in FL.  Not saying that UCF will be competing with the Big 3...but FAU won't catch up or grow like USF did.

You had a good post going until you wrote the bolded phrases.  No state can support 5 ranked teams, not TX, CA, LA, NC nor OH.  So roll back your back your top 25 talk.  It's a bit much for a USF MB.  "Challenging for the CUSA title" would be more appropriate.  Learn to walk before you run.  It's only two games that the Knights have won.

And secondly I'm glad to see UCF is upgrading the basketball facility but an on campus stadium sounds pricey.  It reminds me of the the mistakes UCF made early in the program by spending to much money.  And lastly, USF doesn't consider UCF in regards to where our university stands athletically.  "Surprised" is a to extreme of a word.  Maybe we'll be "glad that UCF was able to be competitive again." is more like it.