• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FAU will be dangerous

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Competing with UCF doesn't say much nowadays...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

They went to the 1aa championship in three years- we never did

They got their first 1a win quicker than we did

They are already 1a

So is FIU.

You have to give them credit. THey will be competing with UCF soon.

That's not exactly something to write home about...

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  14
  • Days Won:  0

They can't even give away tickets to their games. In a couple years Schnellenberger will leave and the big donations from Boca residents will dry up and the football program will fade off into the sunset.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

Their early success was driven by an excellent QB...Jared Allen I think his name was and a good receiving corp.  They should have beaten UCF when they played them...outplayed them all over the field.  (i was there.)  They have nothing to speak of this year, relatively speaking, from what I've seen.  I think Allen was a transfer into the program and he was good.   I think he played USF as a sophomore even though we pounded them.  They won't rise past UCF, as a program, for the next 5l years I don't think.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

FAU will surpass UCF very shortly. If you look at their first couple of seasons, you can see that they have ascended even faster than we have. Schellenbecer will keep them on the right path. Every time I see them play I am impressed. If they can sway some of the south florida money and talent away from Miami they will be on our heels shortly. The biggest mistake we can make is to take them lightly the way other schools have taken us.

Yeah...playing infront of crowds of 4,000-5,000 folks will have the Big East breathing right down your necks.

Ok...you sold me when you said "FAU will".

You are good.

KL

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

FAU AND FIU are horrendous and will never touch UCF.... Money can buy you many things but not equality with any other d1 in florida.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  172

Who Cares about FAU! Last time I checked this was the USF Message Board. Do not insult our program by comparing our success to theirs. The only reason FAU is D.I is because they threatened the NCAA with a lawsuit if they where not approved. They cant even get more than 3,000 fans for their homem games. They will be an afterthought in a couple of more years. Oh by the way, we beat them 51-3 ( i cant remember exactly the score) a couple of years ago. UCF, FAU, FIU, will never come close to us! They would help their own causes by becoming D.I-AA powerhouses.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

this should be moved to the Florida sports board

mods?

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I'd be surprised if FAU has a team in 5 or 10 years.  They won't be able to compete with the other teams in Florida, including UCF.  They have no true conference identity, no TV rights, and they get the bottom of the barrel on FL recruiting.  They average about 12,000 fans, so they aren't making any money.  

How are they going to be dangerous ever?  They are only Provisional Division 1A depending on attendance the next two years.  I think they'll fold the way of the UT Spartans did back in the '70s.  Anyone remember them?