• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong has got to go!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Brad said:

In other words, pull in a minimum of $4 million before you can even think of holding me accountable.

Bring in the guy that taught Willie to coach.  Is he still alive?

We may have to wheel him out and provide an oxygen tank but yeah he is still around I think. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  66
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What coach is coming here as a coach in waiting??? That only works for the blue bloods. You can keep your CJL. Give me a young hungry offensive coordinator from a big time program. 

To clarify, the “ coach in waiting” was not meant to be contractually binding. Simply a known opportunity in the not too distant future.

Also, no proven top-notch OC from a “big-time” program is going to come to USF as for a HC gig. If they are smart enough to be a top OC at a big-time program, they’ll bide their time an extra couple years (at an already large salary) for a desirable P5 job to open up (whether at OC or HC). The only exception would possibly be someone with deep USF or Tampa ties; but even then its unlikely.

I’m floating the idea of someone actually interested in a future HC gig at USF. Such as a Young coordinator without enough resume to get a Coordinator position at a “big time” program, or proven coordinator at a non-“big time” program. And if he does not progress accordingly, he’s not promoted. No “promises” have to be made. Simply knowing the “opportunity” for a HC position in 5-8 years is there is enough. And if the opportunity is not enticing enough, who cares, at least CJL will be an improvement over Chuckles. And that forward momentum  buys time to figure out the next best step.

and good luck finding the “next” big thing young coach with little resume. The odds will be greatly against nailing that hire. Great, a 70%+ chance we fail another 3-4 years and we get to try again. And if USF does nail that hire, he’ll be gone in 2 years time. I dont like the odds. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,458
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Brad said:

I'd fire Charlie for leaving in a QB that might be concussed.

So what's the story on this?

2 minutes ago, 05 Bull said:

To clarify, the “ coach in waiting” was not meant to be contractually binding. Simply a known opportunity in the not too distant future.

Also, no proven top-notch OC from a “big-time” program is going to come to USF as for a HC gig. If they are smart enough to be a top OC at a big-time program, they’ll bide their time an extra couple years (at an already large salary) for a desirable P5 job to open up (whether at OC or HC). The only exception would possibly be someone with deep USF or Tampa ties; but even then its unlikely.

I’m floating the idea of someone actually interested in a future HC gig at USF. Such as a Young coordinator without enough resume to get a Coordinator position at a “big time” program, or proven coordinator at a non-“big time” program. And if he does not progress accordingly, he’s not promoted. No “promises” have to be made. Simply knowing the “opportunity” for a HC position in 5-8 years is there is enough. And if the opportunity is not enticing enough, who cares, at least CJL will be an improvement over Chuckles. And that forward momentum  buys time to figure out the next best step.

and good luck finding the “next” big thing young coach with little resume. The odds will be greatly against nailing that hire. Great, a 70%+ chance we fail another 3-4 years and we get to try again. And if USF does nail that hire, he’ll be gone in 2 years time. I dont like the odds. 

Sorry I just don’t see this. Why go through all of this when we can make an offer to Clemson or Bama OC? It’s really not complicated. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,965
  • Days Won:  469

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So what's the story on this?

Blake looked f-d up after that non-call on the horse collar.  I would have taken him out.  No need to risk further injury, at a minimum you could see he was in distress - check it out..  But maybe Charlie was in a typical stare into the far horizon and missed it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,458
  • Days Won:  422

Just now, Brad said:

Blake looked f-d up after that non-call on the horse collar.  I would have taken him out.  No need to risk further injury, at a minimum you could see he was in distress - check it out..  But maybe Charlie was in a typical stare into the far horizon and missed it.

Thanks.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  66
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Sorry I just don’t see this. Why go through all of this when we can make an offer to Clemson or Bama OC? It’s really not complicated. 

If Clemson OC would be interested, hell yes! Thats Jeff Scott?

But why would he take a USF gig when he likely is already paid as much (or very close to it) as USF could afford, and knowing a more lucrative an likely attractive P5 program will come calling any day/year? 

I believe USF has zero chance at someone like the OC from Clemson. 

I understand if you are differing opinion. And of course, by all means, USF should gauge the potential interest of Clemson OC. 

1 minute ago, 05 Bull said:

If Clemson OC would be interested, hell yes! Thats Jeff Scott?

But why would he take a USF gig when he likely is already paid as much (or very close to it) as USF could afford, and knowing a more lucrative an likely attractive P5 program will come calling any day/year? 

I believe USF has zero chance at someone like the OC from Clemson. 

I understand if you are differing opinion. And of course, by all means, USF should gauge the potential interest of Clemson OC. 

Well we agree a change needs to be made. Let’s see what happens. With buyout amount we may both be disappointed anyway. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,998
  • Days Won:  38

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

But maybe Charlie was in a typical stare into the far horizon and missed it.

He only has one setting.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

if CCS missed it CKB or someone else on the staff should have seen it and raised an issue immediately.