• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Badgers Press Conference

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

21 minutes ago, Nick Carroll said:

I have lived here all my life born and raised. You never get used to the humidity but you can be more conditioned to it than people who are not exposed to it.. 

This, It ALWAYS sucks but you get mentally and physically used to it after being immersed to it.  Same reason I have family from Indiana that will walk around in shorts and a t-shirt when it's 50 because it's "nice outside" and have no problem dealing with harsh winters and cold.  

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Bull Dozer said:

This, It ALWAYS sucks but you get mentally and physically used to it after being immersed to it.  Same reason I have family from Indiana that will walk around in shorts and a t-shirt when it's 50 because it's "nice outside" and have no problem dealing with harsh winters and cold.  

I run Spartan races. Last year we did the Beast in Lakeland. That was 14.2 miles with 30+ obstacles. A bunch of northerners came down to finish out their Trifecta. There were so many Yankees on the side of the trail cramped up because they were not used to the humidity and the amount of hydration that is needed. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

29 minutes ago, Nick Carroll said:

I have lived here all my life born and raised. You never get used to the humidity but you can be more conditioned to it than people who are not exposed to it.. 

Also born and raised here. I can even remember when my dad bought an attic fan. We were livin' the high life. The heat and humidity never bothered me til after my 60th birthday or so. NOW it's brutal.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I don't think you really get used to it. You just mentally accept it and workout accordingly. You get accustomed to finding that fine line between peak performance and collapsing from heat exhaustion.

The problem with training down here is your body works so hard to keep cool that it's hard to actually reach true VO2 max without dying and you lose out on the benefits of the super high intensity workouts. But you do get the benefit of the physiological adaptations to deal with the heat.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

16 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

I don't think you really get used to it. You just mentally accept it and workout accordingly. You get accustomed to finding that fine line between peak performance and collapsing from heat exhaustion.

The problem with training down here is your body works so hard to keep cool that it's hard to actually reach true VO2 max without dying and you lose out on the benefits of the super high intensity workouts. But you do get the benefit of the physiological adaptations to deal with the heat.

Also, to go from hydration levels for Wisconsin to down Tampa summer weather is a HUGE leap.   Hydrating days before, and the level of hydration needed while playing in the conditions here are likely something most of their team has never experienced.  However we have to keep the game close into the second half for this to truly have a chance to come in play.  Cramps don't matter when you're up 21... 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Also, to go from hydration levels for Wisconsin to down Tampa summer weather is a HUGE leap.   Hydrating days before, and the level of hydration needed while playing in the conditions here are likely something most of their team has never experienced.  However we have to keep the game close into the second half for this to truly have a chance to come in play.  Cramps don't matter when you're up 21... 

Yup, and as I mentioned earlier, that is on the players.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

15 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

There is nothing wrong with having 2 brain cells left if u followed the Dead earlier in your life.  

Jerry Garcia saw him at old Tampa Stadium!  Sugar Magnolias!

I saw them at Lakeland Civic Center in '82.  All of their recorded concerts can be found online at https://archive.org/details/GratefulDead.

You can probably find your show there.

OK, back to football.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

very true