• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Badgers Press Conference

Guest Jonesy Bull
33 minutes ago, SpikeBull said:

Somehow the cramps seem to affect USF as much if not more than the visiting teams. You would think we would be experts at hydration.

I have noticed that to a certain extent, and its always baffled me.  Maybe that says something about our past S&C coaches.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I have noticed that to a certain extent, and its always baffled me.  Maybe that says something about our past S&C coaches.

Or maybe the personal discipline of each player. It takes a concerted effort to pre-hydrate for a football game and it starts days in advance.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

This   

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

hey...OT... It’s humid af here! I forgot how this sh@t feels.  I was sweating balls working out this morning... and it’s hotter in Southern California than it is here.  I was drenches 5 minutes in and it only got worse.  I honestly didn’t know if it would affect the game but thought it might... now... yes, the humidity will definitely be a factor.  The Bay is wet af... there are some from the board who met me at the San Jose State game and see that  I maintain the fitness of a pro athlete... when I say  working out in this sucks... my god... it’s brutal if you’re not used to it.  Body’s first reaction is to dump water and salt.  I was working out at 5:00 a.m. not far from the Stadium.  I don’t even know what to say... this will be interesting to see how they deal with it. But I see cramps... and a lot of them.  Seriously dehydration will be an issue. 

I'm originally from Miami but live in GA and everytime I come back home my friends make fun of how much I sweat due to my body no longer living in Florida  lol

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

hey...OT... It’s humid af here! I forgot how this sh@t feels.  I was sweating balls working out this morning... and it’s hotter in Southern California than it is here.  I was drenches 5 minutes in and it only got worse.  I honestly didn’t know if it would affect the game but thought it might... now... yes, the humidity will definitely be a factor.  The Bay is wet af... there are some from the board who met me at the San Jose State game and see that  I maintain the fitness of a pro athlete... when I say  working out in this sucks... my god... it’s brutal if you’re not used to it.  Body’s first reaction is to dump water and salt.  I was working out at 5:00 a.m. not far from the Stadium.  I don’t even know what to say... this will be interesting to see how they deal with it. But I see cramps... and a lot of them.  Seriously dehydration will be an issue. 

Trust me I know. I just went to San Francisco for vacation. I logged my fastest 5k time PR during a morning workout and felt accomplished. I came home and ran at 5:00 am and it was back to running through wet sheets. The sludge of humidity is real. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

I know this has been discussed over and over again and we keep getting different opinions. Spoke with a USF Dr at the luncheon a week or so ago and that topic came up.  The doc's opinion was that training in it doesn't prepare you any better than not.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I watched that entire interview and don't believe the coach answered any question asked of him.

38 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I watched that entire interview and don't believe the coach answered any question asked of him.

Ready to run for political office.

• Haha 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
50 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I know this has been discussed over and over again and we keep getting different opinions. Spoke with a USF Dr at the luncheon a week or so ago and that topic came up.  The doc's opinion was that training in it doesn't prepare you any better than not.

I don't doubt that he said that....but it just doesn't make any sense.

Cali said how awful it was for him to work out this morning in this humidity.  Yet people that live here, although its uncomfortable tend to be able to handle it better because they get use to it.

57 minutes ago, Nick Carroll said:

Trust me I know. I just went to San Francisco for vacation. I logged my fastest 5k time PR during a morning workout and felt accomplished. I came home and ran at 5:00 am and it was back to running through wet sheets. The sludge of humidity is real. 

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I don't doubt that he said that....but it just doesn't make any sense.

Cali said how awful it was for him to work out this morning in this humidity.  Yet people that live here, although its uncomfortable tend to be able to handle it better because they get use to it.

I believe Nick Carroll lives here.  Isn't any easier even though he is used to it.  If anything, our guys should benefit from lower humidity when we travel but then you can't grip the football.