• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Early favorite for Tool of 2019 is this guy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, ForestBull said:

You went digging on the internet and found the 78th best Wisconsin writer out there and you’re surprised he posted a ****** fan-centric article?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

30 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Is this guy like 10 years old? His maturity as a writer has a lot to be desired...

It seemed fine to me 🤣

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

I'm not mad at buddy. That's his team. it's up to us to prove him wrong. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, ForestBull said:

It's one thing to think your team will win, hell I honestly believe we are gonna lose, but to post a douchey article is another thing.

"Let them honestly believe they have a chance to win. Let them think the door is actually open for what would be one of the biggest upsets in college football in a very long time.

It’ll make it all that much funnier when we stomp them into the ground in a few days. The Bulls? Seriously, the Bulls of USF?

Give me a break. They don’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of hanging with the Badgers."

"I hope USF honestly shows up with the belief they’ll win.

I could go for some great comedy, and that would be about as funny as it gets."

Your "tool" moniker was well aimed for the reason you spell out. I'm hoping some of our earlier commenters didn't bother to read the whole thing ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

48 minutes ago, JTrue said:

You went digging on the internet and found the 78th best Wisconsin writer out there and you’re surprised he posted a ****** fan-centric article?

Didn't go digging, it was on my feed. Also, I didn't say I was surprised. Figured I would post it because it is game week.

Next time I'll PM you and ask for permission

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

The only thing he said that I take issue with is "I hope USF honestly shows up with the belief they’ll win."

They better show up that way!

I also feel he is not as sure of himself as his bravado suggests "The Bulls might be able to keep it interesting because the game is in Tampa, it’s on their home field, the weather will be hot in their favor but none of it will be enough."

Kind of feels like he is setting up excuses.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that they will most likely manhandle us but I am a fan and am prepared to lose my voice over every first down.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Your "tool" moniker was well aimed for the reason you spell out. I'm hoping some of our earlier commenters didn't bother to read the whole thing ...

I did not care for many of his comments I just appreciated his writing style more than most

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

His writing reminds me of a slightly improved Tom Jones. 

Of course I want our team to show up with the belief that they will win, and that they will pull out every stop they can to do so. I believe the culture change is real. However, the change was real in 2014 too and we went 4-8 that year. Sometimes things take time to develop. 

Here's the good news: 

• We have an established QB healed of his injuries who won all but one of the games he started and completed in last year. 
  • We have a deep, fast, and dangerous WR and RB group. 
  • The O-line is a year better and has better chemistry. 
  • The team is committed and is practicing very well. 
  • The defense is in fact, bigger and faster then they were last year-that was what CCS said we needed in January. 
  • The offense is brand new and Bell will have some extra plays up his sleeve for Wisconsin. 

Here's the flip side. 

• The monkey is still on our back. We are still riding a six game losing streak and while the team is hungry to get the monkey off, Wisconsin is a hard team to get the monkey off against. 
  • Even with all that practice over the off season, it still has to be converted on the field in live game action. There will be 40k in the stands-lot different with 40k in the stands vs. in your practice facility. 
  • The defense will be better, but it takes a truly elite defense to hold back Jonathan Taylor for a full game. Even Michigan only held him to 101 last year. 
  • The team has to know how to win games and close them out, rather than sliding by like they did so many times last year. Go out and take the game! It won't be given to you. 

Wisconsin knows how to win games, but they are a beatable team, especially with Coan starting. He's got no track record, so you load 8 in the box and make Taylor  your priority. If our secondary is as good as has been advertised, then holding up in single coverage will be vitally important. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

52 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I did not care for many of his comments I just appreciated his writing style more than most

Assume that's meant for content only. His liberal use of paragraphs must have made your teeth grind ...

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

As a Wisconsin student, this guy writes some truth but he writes like a ********, **** him!

• Upvote 1