• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This weekend in the American Athletic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

4 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

Judging one year, is probably not a great tactic. In addition, judging an OOC schedule, by how a team is doing now, is equally poor IMO. 

USF in 2018 was no great shakes, Elon, Illinois, Umass, South Carolina State. When UCF scheduled N C, they had won the AAC IIRC, or at least their division, now they are terrible. Stanford was probably better than now, so my point is, until you play the games, the strength of schedule is a lot of hot air  IMO.

The USF schedule going forward is impressive, I agree, by todays standards.

UCF will have a very hard time scheduling any decent series for the foreseeable future, especially with the constant, elite teams' schedules quickly filling up and their scheduling philosophy. They will be lucky to keep scheduling middling ACC teams. 

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

13 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Ok, but yeah I understand what you mean.  I mean, hell Wisconsin agreed to a home and home with Alabama in 2024 and 2025, who knows where the Badgers will even be at that time.

Exactly. I mean you can probably guess they will be good, but who knows. NC has fallen off a cliff, G Tech is undergoing huge changes, so you just never know. 

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

14 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

UCF will have a very hard time scheduling any decent series for the foreseeable future, especially with the constant, elite teams' schedules quickly filling up and their scheduling philosophy. They will be lucky to keep scheduling middling ACC teams. 

Totally agree. Danny White recently told the boosters that he is not filling up the schedule, because he thinks Blue Blood teams will be buying out the body bag games and will be wanting to schedule teams with a pulse, so he wants to have some availability. He sounded like he knows which team and dates are under consideration.

16 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

Totally agree. Danny White recently told the boosters that he is not filling up the schedule, because he thinks Blue Blood teams will be buying out the body bag games and will be wanting to schedule teams with a pulse, so he wants to have some availability. He sounded like he knows which team and dates are under consideration.

Might be trying to quell the masses. It appears the body bag games are becoming the norm. Look at the one-off games that have been scheduled lately. I'm interested to see how long he sticks to his guns. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,725
  • Days Won:  0

It's probably just me, but I find it surreal that a Wisconsin fan and a UCF fan are having a back-and-forth discussion here. Not complaining, mind you. 😁🤘

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Why the hate for them?

Their fans are terrible. Guarantee if they get good they will be just as worse or even more worse than ucf fans (footfan excluded). 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  484
  • Days Won:  1

Houston @ Oklahoma is going to be a good watch. I'm real interested in seeing what D'Eriq King can pull off against them. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

11 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

UCF's OOC isn't too much worse than ours THIS season and next season will be close as well. After that, USF's OOC schedule will blow theirs away. Quite honestly, there won't be many teams in America boasting as good of an OOC schedule as USF for the next 7 years or so. 

FAMU

FAU

STAN

PITT

Does not quite match up to our OOC slate 

Guest Jonesy Bull

I think Ryan represents a large majority (non-USF fans) of how the nation feels about UCF right now.  Their arrogance and shenanigans have come back to bite them in the butt.  I love it!  They have made their bed, let them lie in it.

Yes they have had 2 great seasons, but a little humility goes a long way.

Let this be a lesson to us USF fans when we go undefeated and win a NY6 game in these next few years!

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

FAMU

FAU

STAN

PITT

Does not quite match up to our OOC slate 

Actually, it may. Wisconsin and Stanford could be a wash. PITT and BYU could be equivalent. Georgia Tech might be better than FAU this year, time will tell. FAMU and SCSt. are interchangeable. The point being, the schedules aren't drastically different in terms of quality this season. 

I actually went and checked the ESPN FPI, which, while not perfect, at least provides a metric upon which we can currently judge the OOC schedules. 

Wisconsin - 34, BYU - 43, Georgia Tech - 85

Stanford - 35, Pitt - 47, FAU - 87

It doesn't get much closer than that.