• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

The Orange Bowl (you can choose more than one)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,736
  • Days Won:  120

more than a gazillion, if that helps

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

After watching the game from the OB, I have a new found appreciation for RJS.   Of course the big one is paying $15-$30 for parking at somebody's yard.  Then trying to get to my seat was like participating in one of those fun human stampedes you see in the Middle East, and in some S.A. soccer games.  Then once in my seat I had no cupholders and no back support.  Oh and of course not a single Replay TV.  I think this is the best argument against a USF on-campus stadium! I know, I know, the OB is off-campus but that's about what our on-campus stadium would look like.  Yes, we might have a few replay TVs,and better parking but it won't be that much better than the the O.B.  I rather have the Buccs logo in midfield than playing at a place like the O.B. that we can claim as our own.  Don't worry we are about three seasons away from selling out RJS, and then the stadium will be "painted"  Green and Gold during Saturdays.

Maybe 30 years down the road, when RJS is ready for demolition, we can have an on-campus stadium that we can share with the Buccs.  In the meantime, no more "We need an on-campus stadium" threads!

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400

i like the interesting smell of the place a mix of beer and urine and the section signs looke like some one wrote them in with a sharpie not to mention the driving we stayed in ft lauderdale it took us about 2 hours to get back (normally about 25 minutes) becuase of two overturn cars... just added to the fun of the game i expected worse from their fans they wherent that bad there where a few really drunk usf fans that anoyed me more embarrasing our own school screaming the fsu chant and doing the tomahawk back to the like we are affiliated with fsu some how but enough ranting

go bulls beat the pitts...

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

The Orange Bowl is a ********...horrible accomidations, water dripping everywhere, low ceilings, unairconditioned everything...but i liked it a lot. You could feel the history. Super Bowls, an undefeated NFL season...It had a lot of character and it was also very LOUD.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

After watching the game from the OB, I have a new found appreciation for RJS.   Of course the big one is paying $15-$30 for parking at somebody's yard.  Then trying to get to my seat was like participating in one of those fun human stampedes you see in the Middle East, and in some S.A. soccer games.  Then once in my seat I had no cupholders and no back support.  Oh and of course not a single Replay TV.  I think this is the best argument against a USF on-campus stadium! I know, I know, the OB is off-campus but that's about what our on-campus stadium would look like.  Yes, we might have a few replay TVs,and better parking but it won't be that much better than the the O.B.  I rather have the Buccs logo in midfield than playing at a place like the O.B. that we can claim as our own.  Don't worry we are about three seasons away from selling out RJS, and then the stadium will be "painted"  Green and Gold during Saturdays.

Maybe 30 years down the road, when RJS is ready for demolition, we can have an on-campus stadium that we can share with the Buccs.  In the meantime, no more "We need an on-campus stadium" threads!

Guys its college football, if you want all those great amenities then goto an NFL game! The reason they can't afford the "amenities" that many pro stadiums have (cupholders!? is it THAT big a deal?) is because tickets are 1/5th the price!

I understand wanting a replay board, the guy I tailgated with before the game (friend graduated from Miami) told me that Miami doesn't want one.

However, this is what college football is, its a pure form of the sport, bleachers, etc add to the environment. I wish we had something like that. The noise at our games is meek compared to many college games. People settle in their seats and act like they have nothing going on other than relaxing quitely and watching a football game. RJS is great, don't get me wrong, but I just don't think we'll ever have the environment of a real college game there (and believe it or not, it factors heavily into recruiting.)

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

OMIGOSH!!!  That place was foul!!  I wouldn't put my worst enemy in the middle of that place.  That's where we should send prisoners.  Never in my life!  If I ever see a Bulls fan treating our opposing team the way Miami fans treated us....there will be words!!  Which BTW, some of our fans were just as bad.  Shame on them!  But, the trip with BullBackers and Bullwark made it worthwhile!  However, if WoolBully isn't going neither am I.  We just wouldn't have as much fun reading a map!! ;D

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  651

I personally was looking foward to going down to the OB but was really turned off by the stadium. It was a dump. Granted we are spoiled with Ray Jay but it still sucked. Add in the horrid UM fans and the game itself, it wasn't the trip I was hoping for!!!! :'(

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

The noise at our games is meek compared to many college games. People settle in their seats and act like they have nothing going on other than relaxing quitely and watching a football game. RJS is great, don't get me wrong, but I just don't think we'll ever have the environment of a real college game there (and believe it or not, it factors heavily into recruiting.)

Were you at the UL game last week?  That was just about the loudest crowd I've ever heard at RJS.  Stadium has nothing to do with crowd noise.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

Don't know how many of you, if any, made the trip to UAB last year.  Unfortunately, due to family commitments, I was unable to make it to the OB.  Just curious how it compares to Legion Field in Birmingham.  Similar, to the OB, that stadium is steeped in tradition, but it is the biggest dump of a stadium I have ever, ever been in.  Sound like the OB may be in the same league as Legion Field (about 30 years too old, and ready for implosion).

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  127

I was also curious how the OB compared to Legion Field?   I thought that place was a major dump as well.  Even the Bama fans apologized to us for having to play them there!