• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

The Orange Bowl (you can choose more than one)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

After attending the game, I thought to myself...if the Canes didn't have the national reputation they have, it would be interesting.  Taking a recruit into that environment must be a challenge.  Parking is horrid and I definitely went in with an open mind.  A number of fans bordered on low class to not even understanding what class is.   Miami is a cool city when you're near the water but get a mile or so from it at any point and no thanks.  Didn't get to see the campus but I hear it's old and run down.   Have heard for years people say they would never attend another game at the Orange Bowl but hey, there were 58K there last night.  For me it's a "no" in the future or I would have to come in on a fan bus if I went.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,730
  • Days Won:  3

Didn't get to see the campus but I hear it's old and run down.   Have heard for years people say they would never attend another game at the Orange Bowl but hey, there were 58K there last night.  For me it's a "no" in the future or I would have to come in on a fan bus if I went.

Immediately following the game, I decided I'd never again attend a game at the Orange Bowl.  I'm sticking with that. If the game was at JRS, then I'd reconsider.

There's no polite way to couch the description of the area in which the OB is located. We chartered a bus to take us from the hotel to the game and back. Under no circumstances would I brave that area without the bus. The parking - and I assume that was tailgating - looked like absolute crap.

Maybe it's just me...but the fans there seemed to be...hmmmm...well, let's just say that for a private university, I don't think a lot of the fans are really alumni. Maybe the crowd is different for 'bigger' games, but this honest-to-god  looked like the folks who couldn't spring for 'Fins tix used this opportunity to take in a game.

I'm pretty certain that I've seen the last of the OB. Once is enough for me.

BTW: The campus is not old and run-down. Very modern and, remember, it's a private university. There is a lot of $$$ that flows into that school. Don't compare the OB with the school.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,736
  • Days Won:  120

I cocnur with Wooly's sentiments.

Of all the universities in the state, Miami is the one who needs to do something very soon about an on campus or new stadium. When was the last time they repaired the plumbing? or painted? or put up a sign to help you find your way around?

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best, I rate the Orange Bowl a -50 skrillion. Maybe it works for them-- I think it just plain sucks. I would have said the same thing if we had won.

How can you be a BCS team with a $44 million dollar budget and NOT HAVE A REPLAY SCREEN? Are they afraid that it would get stolen?

And those fans were extremely rude to everyone and anyone. You would think they were the ones beating a top ten team. They didn't act like they've done this before or that they expected to win. They acted like they wanted to destroy everything that wasn't draped in Canes garb. I concur also about the fact that MOST of those jerks were not alumni of the school. I would doubt many of them ever made it much past high school. I guess the world needs ditch diggers though.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

That place is a HOLE... However where ever my Bulls go I will follow!

The Orange Bowl is owned by the City... and they are talking about tearing it down to build the Marlins a baseball stadium... UM would then go play over at ProPlayer/JoeRobbie -- which is even further from their campus than RJS is from USF...

This according to the UM alum (got his masters at USF) with whom I sat for this game.

Think about that folks-- this is a team with 4 NCs and they continue to avoid bothering with an on campus stadium.

For some schools they just are not practical. It might work at USF in the future to build one but not for a while. If we wait as long as UM is waiting for the Orange Bowl to self destruct, I will be very much dead.

How we lose out to Miami in the recruiting game must involve a complete disregard for the home game facility.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

That place is a HOLE... However where ever my Bulls go I will follow!

I can't write a long enuff "negative" post to describe the OB, non-stu/alum UM fans and the neighborhood it sits in (& even most of Miami) but I would be hard pressed not to go to a Bulls game in the state of FL.

I will say I was impressed w/the playing field and the UM band and stu section.  Very energetic.  I liked the up n down arm/hand motion and the music.  Very ominous.  But that OB...whata dump.

I'll bet the UCF fans will agree withour sentiments on the OB experience.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  143

This is by far one of the worst stadiums I have been to.  It's called the Orange Bowl because its covered in rust.  Miami is a crazy town.  I had lots of fun when I was there but the driving sucks.  Who the hell puts street signs on the ground?  While I was driving looks for street signs I realized that they were painted on rocks on the ground - that made for some fun driving.  I think I might go back there again if there is a game worthy of seeing.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best, I rate the Orange Bowl a -50 skrillion.

?Que, Senior G?

What the hell is a skrillion??  The number of La Cucarachas that make up that place? Or the number of dirty looks we got going into that dump?