• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Concussion Prevention Helmets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

That was similar but just an extra shell, besides looking like an idiot, I don’t think it was effective either.  The guy that lived above me in Tampa played off line for a short stint in the NFL and had to quit due to concussions.  He tried a comeback with a failed league (forgot the name) early 90’s and wore the extra shell exactly like Kelso however did not last the year because he got another concussion and had to retire for good.

Lucky for me I got all of my concussions before we knew it was a big issue so I am perfectly fine. 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

Weren't there rescue boats there in minutes? If my plane has to land in the Atlantic, and the pilot miracles his way to a second successful water landing I am going to set out to swim until I sink and people can think what they like but that's not the same thing as me setting out to drown myself. 

Only a ———— (fill in the blanks) would ignore the onboard flotation devices and life rafts and jump in and swim.   Of course the ————‘s pants would be full of stuff that floats.

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

21 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Only a ———— (fill in the blanks) would ignore the onboard flotation devices and life rafts and jump in and swim.   Of course the ————‘s pants would be full of stuff that floats.

If my choice is to wait in the middle of nowhere or get it over with I would curse the G-Ds for not doing their job right and allowing our plane to disappear into the oblivion like every other plane that “emergency lands” in the ocean and take care of the job they were too incompetent to handle properly. Maybe waiting for the sweet release of death is your cup of tea but I would rather take charge of my situation. If you land in the middle of the ocean you are dead at current stats and there is a zero percent chance you will get to float on anything because your plane will be gone completely and what’s left of it will be swallowed by giant waves. On the off chance you actually get to grab your floatation device from your seat you will be floating in the middle of nowhere for what will seem like an eternity as you will eventually tire or die of hypothermia long before any vessel can come grab 200 people from unknown coordinates in a sea of empty darkness. Pass.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Friscobull said:

That was similar but just an extra shell, besides looking like an idiot, I don’t think it was effective either.  The guy that lived above me in Tampa played off line for a short stint in the NFL and had to quit due to concussions.  He tried a comeback with a failed league (forgot the name) early 90’s and wore the extra shell exactly like Kelso however did not last the year because he got another concussion and had to retire for good.

Steve Wallace was another guy with the gazoo helmet. He played for the 49ers. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

13 hours ago, Friscobull said:

They make us feel good and like we are doing something even when we are not.  We are just buying time until the players will be forced to wear bubble suits.

Better alternative to a life cut short or plagued with chronic debilitating injuries.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

The brain still slams against the inside of the skull . . . that is where the damage is and padding outside of the skull is only minimal help.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

6 hours ago, slick1ru2 said:

Better alternative to a life cut short or plagued with chronic debilitating injuries.

Not for the fans and without us there is no game so maybe not for the players either.   I have evolved as more evidence points to the long term effects.  I think the game may not survive my lifetime unfortunately, making the game safer is making it less exciting.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Here's how to make your own concussion resistant helmet. (Safety varies with excessive momentum. To increase protection from impact, Add additional balloons.)

Edited by Azmodi

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

11 hours ago, pascobull said:

Steve Wallace was another guy with the gazoo helmet. He played for the 49ers. 

Flinstones reference.  I like it.  image.png.7d039fd148027c3073fdcfb3d854547d.png

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Not for the fans and without us there is no game so maybe not for the players either.   I have evolved as more evidence points to the long term effects.  I think the game may not survive my lifetime unfortunately, making the game safer is making it less exciting.

They probably said that when Teddy Roosevelt added the forward pass because so many were dying every year in games.

https://www.history.com/news/how-teddy-roosevelt-saved-football