• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Projected USF Win Totals...6.5...Do you think this is accurate?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Absolutely.  Is Strong the guy to get it done?  Is he capable of leading this team to a conference championship?  Will he prepare the team this season on a week-to-week basis?  We will soon find out the answers to these questions and more.

And i'm not saying "Fire him!" if we don't win the Conference, only that that is ultimately the only reason any head coach should have a job. I'll even go one step further and say the same thing about VPoA Mike Kelly, although that might be a bit of a stretch because his job is just a bit more detailed. But, hiring the right guy...

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

I have no idea.  We are coming off of dumpster fire mode, but if the offense is as advertised and the defense improves...  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

35 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

And i'm not saying "Fire him!" if we don't win the Conference, only that that is ultimately the only reason any head coach should have a job. I'll even go one step further and say the same thing about VPoA Mike Kelly, although that might be a bit of a stretch because his job is just a bit more detailed. But, hiring the right guy...

Strong is not Kelly's hire so he has that working against him.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, USFRaider said:

Strong has the alleged totality of his contract buyout so he has that working for him.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

41 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Agree, or for him.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

This is year 3 for Strong.  Coaches should be hitting their stride by year 3 in a new gig.  He needs to show that he can win without a bridgwater or flowers under center.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Big time year for us. Tells us a lot. Maybe even everything 

Guest Jonesy Bull

Bottom line this is a really big year for CCS, not only for his future with the Bulls, but in College Football.  If he fails here, then that's 2 strikes in a row.  His next gig probably would be below the AAC level.

I like what he has done in the off--season, and I'm rooting for him to succeed here.....His lack of half time adjustments and seemingly conservative does have me concerned.  I"m hoping that had more to do with the previous OC and talent level we had at the time.

Only time will tell!  Its going to be an interesting ride this year - one way or the other.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  484
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, BDYZR said:

But only for the first two weeks.

Then the focus absolutely MUST be on what CCS was hired to do... WIN A CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP!

IMO anything else is a failure to do his job.

Let's not forget annihilating UCF to make up for the past 2 years. Comes with the winning the conference territory, but I feel it deserves its own special mention. 

Edited by Vivadiscordia
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  484
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

This is year 3 for Strong.  Coaches should be hitting their stride by year 3 in a new gig.  He needs to show that he can win without a bridgwater or flowers under center.

Arguable that Blake is a Bridgewater or Flowers, if he's improved substantially over the off-season, like it is being touted that he has. We'll see on Aug 30. The pieces are in place for him to shine, but the question is if he can maintain the consistency.   

Edited by Vivadiscordia