• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Offensive Line May Actually Be a Strength this Year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I keep saying this team is not the same team as last year. All bets are off... this team is a lot better than last years team.

• Topic Count:  2,328
  • Content Count:  21,279
  • Days Won:  10

5 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

Last year Brooks I think was his name.

So, this is from last year.  Thank goodness. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
9 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I keep saying this team is not the same team as last year. All bets are off... this team is a lot better than last years team.

I think everybody on this board Cali, hopes you are correct!  Everybody except for the few extremely unhappy people that just want to run CCS out of town (and once again start all over again).  Makes no sense!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

52 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I think everybody on this board Cali, hopes you are correct!  Everybody except for the few extremely unhappy people that just want to run CCS out of town (and once again start all over again).  Makes no sense!

Pretty sure we ALL want to see USF win this game.  Can't imagine even the haters cheer for a USF loss.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, Calibull said:

I’ve heard this every offseason. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  484
  • Days Won:  1

55 minutes ago, Gismo said:

The difference is our lord and savior Kerwin Bell.

57 minutes ago, Gismo said:

No you didn't.  Not last season, not from me. Two years prior... yes... I thought we'd be average last season but I thought Barnett would light it up... This season I think he'll light it up and we'll be last man standing.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

12 minutes ago, Calibull said:
1 hour ago, Gismo said:

No you didn't.  Not last season, not from me. Two years prior... yes... I thought we'd be average last season but I thought Barnett would light it up... This season I think he'll light it up and we'll be last man standing.

In fairness to Gismo, there's always the offseason partaking of the camp + S&C koolaid without seeing how it gels in the game situation. No callouts here though, Calibull usually has basis for his beliefs and I'm with CR hoping the confidence is justified.

But IMO even if we don't light it up vs the Badgers, it doesn't mean we'll flop when it comes to conference time. As long as our guys punch dudes in the mouth come conference time, I can take a beating from a P5 "name brand" like Wiscy.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, Calibull said:

I remember last year the players had a beach trip and somebody posted how they didnt pass the eye test physically. Aside from the reported weight increase/decrease for these players, the players all now look the part in the photos Ive seen. 

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I remember last year the players had a beach trip and somebody posted how they didnt pass the eye test physically. Aside from the reported weight increase/decrease for these players, the players all now look the part in the photos Ive seen. 

I mean last year we were looking at Brett Kean and Oladokun coming out of spring ball.  We'd just lost 2 DTs to the NFL and 3 guys on the oline.  When Barnett won the QB job in 2 weeks basically, I don't think anyone thought we'd win more than 8 games... so a conference title wasn't really talked about. I mean I rode that wave at the start of the season but we had major holes and everyone knew it.  We also had an incompetent OC.  I mean Strong kept saying it... we aren't that good, but they found a way to win early.  Wasn't sustainable.