• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This game feels a lot like 2008 vs Kansas to me

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

I hope not.  That Todd Reesing kid drove me crazy.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

29 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

We were good in 2008. We have not been good outside of 2 Taggart years in a decade. 

we finished 8-5... 2-5 in the conference.  We had a big win... but  we were just an OK team.  We started off ok and lost 5 of our next 7... we beat Cuse who sucked that season and uconn.  I'm not sure what good means... but we've not actually ever had 1 good team and even then we got smoked by Oregon in the bowl.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, Calibull said:

we finished 8-5... 2-5 in the conference.  We had a big win... but  we were just an OK team.  We started off ok and lost 5 of our next 7... we beat Cuse who sucked that season and uconn.  I'm not sure what good means... but we've not actually ever had 1 good team and even then we got smoked by Oregon in the bowl.  

You could say that many times about USF football...it’s our calling card. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Great highlights. Great memories. However, that video quality is part of the reason why attendance at the games were so much better across college football in the early 2000's. The proliferation of HD makes such a difference. 

I don't know that we can afford to play from behind against Wisconsin. I want us to score first and keep them on their heels all game long. They lose when they play from behind. They win when they can build a lead and pound the rock. It is as simple as that. If we are going to win, we will likely need to be tied or winning at the half and up 10+ or so going into the 4th quarter. 

I hope its a close game

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

34 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I know, I was there, I've never missed a USF bowl game. 

We were good, not world beaters. 

We were better than now, if that helps to clarify....

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

I know, I was there, I've never missed a USF bowl game. 

We were good, not world beaters. 

We were better than now, if that helps to clarify....

Yea the defense was better.  But I'd likely take this years offense or Flowers last seasons offense over 07 and 08 teams.

Oh, I remember when we had defense. 

Back when you could wait for the sound of a huge hit... Not only a completed tackle, but a spine-rattler. 

I remember when a "big stop" was not only something we've heard our defense could accomplish once in a great while, but when it could be hoped for and often electrifyingly attained during important times in big games. 

I remember when the other team scoring one way or another wasn't a given, and hundreds of yards weren't given up per quarter or half, but at most per entire game.

I miss those days. 

Edited by FazaUSF

Chaie Strong if you're reading this, show me proof that you have any defensive chops left whatsoever. Because I'm starting to wonder whether all that stuff I read about you in your time at UF was either a bunch of fluff or simply to someone else's credit... 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, FazaUSF said:

Chaie Strong if you're reading this, show me proof that you have any defensive chops left whatsoever. Because I'm starting to wonder whether all that stuff I read about you in your time at UF was either a bunch of fluff or simply to someone else's credit... 

I sure as hell hope he ain’t reading the TBP board or I know we are in trouble... 😂😂😂

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Kansas in ‘08 was one of my favorite and most memorable games. The big INT by Nate Allen and the game winning field goal by Bonani at the gun in his first game. 

That game was up and down until the final kick. I don’t if Wisconsin will be like that, but I sure hope our defense can hold up. 

I have said it all off season. I have very little confidence in the defensive coaching staff. I hope they make me a believer.