• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Zier on Strong

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Strong said the team wasn't very good last year.  I mean we have had a pretty good schedule for a minute if you want be honest.  We haven't beaten a quality team since Clemson in 2010 and they were a .500 team. Everyone got mad at Strong and said he was throwing players under the bus by stating the obvious... we weren't big enough, strong enough, nor were we fast enough.  Flowers hid a lot of problems this team has had going back to the 8-5 season.  Now we have an actual coach who is trying to fix it.  I think it's fixed... 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

6 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Strong said the team wasn't very good last year.  I mean we have had a pretty good schedule for a minute if you want be honest.  We haven't beaten a quality team since Clemson in 2010 and they were a .500 team. Everyone got mad at Strong and said he was throwing players under the bus by stating the obvious... we weren't big enough, strong enough, nor were we fast enough.  Flowers hid a lot of problems this team has had going back to the 8-5 season.  Now we have an actual coach who is trying to fix it.  I think it's fixed... 

Notre Dame in 2011 on the road was more impressive, but agree with the rest, this team had glaring holes last year and was weak up front on both sides of the ball.  I think and hope it it is fixed as well, they will surprise some teams this year.  

13 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Notre Dame in 2011 on the road was more impressive, but agree with the rest, this team had glaring holes last year and was weak up front on both sides of the ball.  I think and hope it it is fixed as well, they will surprise some teams this year.  

they were barely over .500 team that year.  Seemed like a big deal at the start of the season... by the end, it was just a win.

Honestly... if the frehsman wins the job and starts... Im not saying we're going to win, but if we do, I think by seasons end they could be a 7-5 team and the win just doesn't seem that big then.  They're ranked 17 based on reputation... I think this is a rebuilding year for them coming off a bad season by their standards. 

lots of new first time starters

I think our fan base tend to give too much credit to the P5 label without actually looking at the team.  I remember everyone saying Georgia tech was going to crush us.  That didn't happen and we actually got better while they changed their entire coaching staff and system... and those are the people who think they'll beat us this year.  Even though they actually haven't gotten better and are in a transition into a entirely new system.  Yeah... ok

14 minutes ago, Calibull said:

they were barely over .500 team that year.  Seemed like a big deal at the start of the season... by the end, it was just a win.

8-5 ND team (tougher schedule) was much better than the 6-6 Clemson team that had wins over Presbyterian and North Texas.  Actually not even close and beating ND in South Bend is not just a win.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Lets not forget that when Strong arrived, he said he wanted leaner, faster players. Not everything that happened was Strongs fault but, lets not give him a pass on all of it either.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

8-5 ND team (tougher schedule) was much better than the 6-6 Clemson team that had wins over Presbyterian and North Texas.  Actually not even close and beating ND in South Bend is not just a win.

That same Clemson team went 10-4 next year. Same players and never looked back. Meanwhile we went in reverse with Skippy do wrong.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

34 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I think our fan base tend to give too much credit to the P5 label without actually looking at the team.  I remember everyone saying Georgia tech was going to crush us.  That didn't happen and we actually got better while they changed their entire coaching staff and system... and those are the people who think they'll beat us this year.  Even though they actually haven't gotten better and are in a transition into a entirely new system.  Yeah... ok

Thought our new offense is entirely new.

16 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

That same Clemson team went 10-4 next year. Same players and never looked back. Meanwhile we went in reverse with Skippy do wrong.

Yes and the Notre Dame team played Alabama in the National Championship that year.  Just saying the ND win was more impressive than the Clemson victory combating Cali’s assertion it was not,  either way it was the beginning of the end for us.  However before we crashed we had a 4 game stretch where we beat Miami. Lost to UCONN and then beat Clemson in the bowl and opened up the next year with a win at ND.  We threw one heck of a party prior to our drop from relevance, go big or go home, we actually did both.