• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Zier on Strong

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

An older article from around the start of camp, but first I've seen it.  He breaks down the wins. 

WARNING: This may be uncomfortable for some.

In other words, USF has never beaten a really good team since Strong has been here. And for USF to get where it wants to go, that has to change.

Pat Zier: Bulls need quality win

LINK

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Question: is a team ever going to be considered “really good” if USF beats them? Seems like a question our friends to the east could relate to.

With that said, let’s start by doing the small things like not giving up long kick returns at inopportune times, stopping people on 3rd down and not giving up 365 yards rushing to Tulane.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

This article pretty much sums it up for me.  A lot is on the line for CCS in 2019

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

The author is correct. We haven't really beaten anyone of substance in the last 3 seasons. The most impressive wins in that time: Navy and South Carolina in 2016, Temple and Texas Tech in 2017, Georgia Tech in 2018. 

We had individual seasons in the past in which we had 5 more impressive victories than those. 

To me, the Wisconsin game is the most important game we have had since the UCF game in 2017. A victory over the Badgers in primetime, nationally televised on ESPN with only a handful of other games going on, would likely be the most impressive for a Bulls team since Notre Dame in 2011. For 12 hours we would be the talk of the sports world.

A win over the Badgers and the team would get some swagger back and winning would likely beget winning. CCS will solidify his position with the players. Trust and respect would be multiplied. 

A subsequent win over Georgia Tech would seal the deal. A 5-0 start and top 15 to 20 ranking would be inevitable, setting the stage for the second half of the season. Tick-tock, is it August 30th yet?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

LINK

Holy ****! Pat has not aged well .....

After their 10-2 season, the Bulls were supposed to challenge Central Florida for the AAC East championship.

With what we lost on both sides of the ball, to say that we were supposed to challenge for the division last year was at best, ambitious ... although there's stilla lot of unknowns this year, I think we're more set to challenge this year than last.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

Question: is a team ever going to be considered “really good” if USF beats them? Seems like a question our friends to the east could relate to.

With that said, let’s start by doing the small things like not giving up long kick returns at inopportune times, stopping people on 3rd down and not giving up 365 yards rushing to Tulane.

or 4th and 24

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

or 4th and 24

Geez that still pisses me off thinking about it.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Holy ****! Pat has not aged well .....

With what we lost on both sides of the ball, to say that we were supposed to challenge for the division last year was at best, ambitious ... although there's stilla lot of unknowns this year, I think we're more set to challenge this year than last.

I don’t know, she is kind of attractive for an aging hippie and if you are not into looks and have bad vision type way.  He probably should nix the mugshot, loses all credibility with the photo.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Geez that still pisses me off thinking about it.

Agreed, that one will always hurt

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

I go into August 30th thinking CCS and BJM are vastly overrated as coaches and they are what is holding this program back. I hope to be proven wrong on that night.