• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

Was curious about the mood on this here Board back in Oct/Nov 2007.

https://www.thebullspen.com/forum/25-usf-south-florida-bulls-athletics/page/1653/

One thing I noticed is the relatively small numbers of posts to a thread.  Even after the 3rd loss in a row to Cinci people weren't ready to shut down the program.  A walk down memory lane. Believe I had just joined the board some time after the Auburn win.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

I remember that game.  Ridiculous. If I am recalling correctly that was the game with the mike Jenkins hit near the home sideline.  Huge hit.  We also were up 7 less than 10 seconds into the game after cinci fumbled on the kickoff return. Cinci had like 5 or 6 turnovers, and the score was very high, but we still lost. I remember being quite dejected after that game.  Highlight reel game and we came away with a 3rd straight loss.   But we won the next 3.

if I’m mistaken, it’s because I’m old and confused.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Huge hit.  We also were up 7 less than 10 seconds into the game after cinci fumbled on the kickoff return.  

I remember that happening vs Cincy but not sure if that game or another one.   I do I think the following Syracuse game is when Gregory came in at qb and got popped and had a blood all over his face but was smiling ha

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

https://www.thebullspen.com/forum/25-usf-south-florida-bulls-athletics/page/1653/

One thing I noticed is the relatively small numbers of posts to a thread.  Even after the 3rd loss in a row to Cinci people weren't ready to shut down the program.  A walk down memory lane. Believe I had just joined the board some time after the Auburn win.

Interesting you happened to pick a page with this thread title on it: USF vs FSU MBB | USF Wins 68-67 ...... Hopefully prophetic.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

So many of those names I recognize but they are long gone from this board. I wonder what they are doing? Do you think they still go to USF sporting events? Also, interesting how someone could post as a “guest.” 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

21 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Also, interesting how someone could post as a “guest.” 

Not entirely sure but I think if you deleted your account, your posts would convert to Guest

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

Goners, for the most part...keep in mind that back then, in our 10th year of football, this site couldn't keep a server up.  We exploded past 50K page views/day, reaching 1.0-1.75 million/month.  Now, we're between 6-10K a day, which indicates we had quite a following from those around the bay and elsewhere.  It evaporated with the firing of Jim Leavitt, and the bad chain of events that set off/followed.

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Not entirely sure but I think if you deleted your account, your posts would convert to Guest

That was true for a period of time, I imagine it was then.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

...and there are a few who were Aholes in 2006 who are still Aholes in 2019...figured they would have gotten older and mellowed a bit...😂

Edited by NewEnglandBull

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

...and there are a few who were Aholes in 2006 who are still Aholes in 2019...figured they would have gotten older and mellowed a bit...😂

I saw names that were complete a-holes that called for the firing of Leavitt in 2008 and 09.  They rejoiced when he was fired, but then ran and ducked in the aftermath that ensued with that bad idea.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Brad said:

I saw names that were complete a-holes that called for the firing of Leavitt in 2008 and 09.  They rejoiced when he was fired, but then ran and ducked in the aftermath that ensued with that bad idea.

We really need an amnesty day for those that went off the deep end back then.  Find a way to welcome them back to the Bulls.