• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Alumni Association?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

On 8/16/2019 at 7:50 AM, Nick Carroll said:

Every year I debate on joining the Alumni association. What are real benefits if any that you have received? All I can see is generic statements about coupons to local stores and restaurants etc. 

Discounts on season tickets.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  485
  • Content Count:  12,421
  • Days Won:  25

They also cater a baseball and a softball game every year. "Free" food, beer, and a game.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/16/2019 at 10:50 AM, Nick Carroll said:

Every year I debate on joining the Alumni association. What are real benefits if any that you have received? All I can see is generic statements about coupons to local stores and restaurants etc. 

Ask not what your association can do for you, but what you can do for your association.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1,025
  • Content Count:  7,473
  • Days Won:  10

Unless changed, membership adds to your priority points, with life membership adding even more points.  This will improve seat selection for bowl games and other events.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

41 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

This will improve seat selection for bowl games and other events.

Including seat location priority in the ocs .....

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  2,438
  • Days Won:  19

On 8/28/2019 at 11:54 AM, BDYZR said:

They also cater a baseball and a softball game every year. "Free" food, beer, and a game.

GO BULLS!

This is a Life Member benefit. Plus at the Homecoming parade, a party with food and beer for Life Members. 

On 8/23/2019 at 12:42 PM, Nick Carroll said:

I am not looking for an even trade. However I am looking for perks. As far as giving back, my tuition, taxes, season tickets, and USF license plate give back plenty. 

Not wanting to get in a personal argument, but I would say that tuition, taxes and season tickets are not a way of giving back.

1. Tuition is you purchasing your education. In state tuition in Florida is an insane good deal. You are actually receiving more than what you are spending. 

2. taxes are mandatory by law, you are not making a choice to contribute to USF. Nor can you designate where your tax dollars support (ie- you are supporting UCF too)

3. Season ticket are an entertainment purchase - unless you buy the tickets to donate them to a charity, you are buying entertainment at a fair market price. 

Now - the license plate is giving back, because you pay a premium to have it that is a contribution. Unless you are in your first year and used a coupon or discount code (which removes the charitable portion in year 1).

The tuition and season tickets are good things, don't get me wrong. Not a criticism, just wanting to say that if you love and appreciate USF, look for way to give beyond instances where the return you get equals or exceeds the money you spent.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

45 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Not wanting to get in a personal argument, but I would say that tuition, taxes and season tickets are not a way of giving back.

1. Tuition is you purchasing your education. In state tuition in Florida is an insane good deal. You are actually receiving more than what you are spending. 

2. taxes are mandatory by law, you are not making a choice to contribute to USF. Nor can you designate where your tax dollars support (ie- you are supporting UCF too)

3. Season ticket are an entertainment purchase - unless you buy the tickets to donate them to a charity, you are buying entertainment at a fair market price. 

Now - the license plate is giving back, because you pay a premium to have it that is a contribution. Unless you are in your first year and used a coupon or discount code (which removes the charitable portion in year 1).

The tuition and season tickets are good things, don't get me wrong. Not a criticism, just wanting to say that if you love and appreciate USF, look for way to give beyond instances where the return you get equals or exceeds the money you spent.  

What if he believes his tuition isn't an insane good deal? USF's tuition is fine relative to other state schools, but the overall price has tripled in the past couple decades and vastly outpaced real income.

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

What if he believes his tuition isn't an insane good deal? USF's tuition is fine relative to other state schools, but the overall price has tripled in the past couple decades and vastly outpaced real income.

Actually, the state of florida has frozen tuition for all state schools for a number of years. They are all steals right now. Compare to private schools or paying out of state tuition for state schools in other states is what makes USF's tuition a steal. 

Like I said, not trying to start a war or attack the OP. We all do what we can, and the Bulls plate on the car is a good example of giving back and the football tickets might be as well. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

32 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Actually, the state of florida has frozen tuition for all state schools for a number of years. They are all steals right now. Compare to private schools or paying out of state tuition for state schools in other states is what makes USF's tuition a steal. 

Like I said, not trying to start a war or attack the OP. We all do what we can, and the Bulls plate on the car is a good example of giving back and the football tickets might be as well. 

I have no doubt Florida’s tuition is better than other states, but I also think higher education is severely overpriced. And it is also true that USF has increased its tuition much faster than corresponding income in Tampa, Florida, and across the country, despite not raising it the past couple years.

And higher education pays most of the bills in my household.