• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alumni Association?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

Every year I debate on joining the Alumni association. What are real benefits if any that you have received? All I can see is generic statements about coupons to local stores and restaurants etc. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

21 minutes ago, Nick Carroll said:

Every year I debate on joining the Alumni association. What are real benefits if any that you have received? All I can see is generic statements about coupons to local stores and restaurants etc. 

Sometimes they send you a tee shirt, too.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/16/2019 at 10:50 AM, Nick Carroll said:

The discount listings are mostly generic because there's a lot of them that vary depending on where you live. After signup, there's an app that shares all of the discounts. I think it would be easy to cover the cost of an annual membership with these offers. In an extreme case, I recently spoke with someone who saved hundreds of dollars on their new fridge because of our discount with Home Depot.

In addition to discounts, membership serves as an entry-point to some services that require a USFAA membership. The two that come to mind are USF Federal Credit Union and USF Campus Recreation. Note: the campus rec access is the ability to purchase a membership, not the membership itself.

I chat with a lot of people about membership and whether or not they should do it. When these conversations occur, I like to talk more about the impact of membership than the discounts and other benefits. As the association's mission states, the goals of USFAA are to help Bulls make an impact on USF and student success, protect USF, share pride, and stay connected. Membership dues help in all of these areas. The mission statement can be viewed here and provides a high level view of what the association is doing to achieve its goals. https://www.usfalumni.org/s/861/02-alumni/index.aspx?sid=861&gid=1&pgid=287

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

7 hours ago, chapelbull said:

We get a Home Depot discount?   wtf?

This was news to me too. It isn't for everything. On the site, it's described as "preferred pricing on all the kitchen and laundry appliance brands it sells nationally."

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,467
  • Days Won:  13

On 8/16/2019 at 10:50 AM, Nick Carroll said:

If you're looking for "what's in for me" then it's not for you.

Joinign the AA does provide some minor tangible benefits... but the biggest benefit is giving back.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

10 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

If you're looking for "what's in for me" then it's not for you.

Joinign the AA does provide some minor tangible benefits... but the biggest benefit is giving back.

I second this comment.  Don't bother if it's a WIIFM approach.  

Go Bulls.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

I second this comment.  Don't bother if it's a WIIFM approach.  

Go Bulls.

I am not looking for an even trade. However I am looking for perks. As far as giving back, my tuition, taxes, season tickets, and USF license plate give back plenty. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, Nick Carroll said:

I am not looking for an even trade. However I am looking for perks. As far as giving back, my tuition, taxes, season tickets, and USF license plate give back plenty. 

The plate goes in full to the Alumni Association.

Go with the Life Membership as it’s by far the best option.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

4 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Go with the Life Membership as it’s by far the best option.

That's a great gift for grads ....

• Upvote 1