• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Blake Barnett Ranked #44 QB in CFB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

PFF have done a very good job of analyzing players and their potential at both the NFL and College level. They have an army of nerds watching tape of every player in every play of every game to compile the data. They were the first "media" high on Baker last year, and have been super high on Kyler since week 1 of last year. 

They aren't perfect. No scouting system is. I would argue their evals of potential college success are going to be more open to error because of how large the variables are. At least 25% of most rosters are new. The players are at an age where there are still massive opportunities for improvement physically, mentally, etc... 

I wouldn't be surprised if Blake finally puts it all together, and combined with a QB friendly offense puts up the numbahs to be much higher than 44. Also wouldn't be surprised if what we saw the last 3-4 years across three different teams is what we get.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,328
  • Content Count:  96,947
  • Days Won:  469

44. USF: BLAKE BARNETT

Barnett has found his home, finally, in Tampa. After failed stints at Alabama and Arizona State, he finally showed what made him such a highly sought after recruit in high school. He had only three game grades lower than 69.9 a season ago and routinely lit up the competition in the AAC. An underappreciated aspect of his game also came out a season ago as he toted the ball 82 times for 427 yards and 27 combined rushing conversions. Potentially an even bigger ‘breakout’ year is coming for this former highly-touted recruit.

Blake-Barnett.png

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I saw the title of the article when it first came out and by pure gut feeling though BB would be ranked at 45. He has a lot of upside and can are a lot of throws but he did not finish the year well. Obviously injuries had a strong role in that. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  12,143
  • Days Won:  25

Better than I expected to be honest. He started strong, but his play fell off with the team.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Better than I expected to be honest. He started strong, but his play fell off with the team.

More like his injuries occurred and the team’s success fell with it..,

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,328
  • Content Count:  96,947
  • Days Won:  469

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

This is his make or break year. He's had a year on the field with the offense now, so hopefully the down-slope stuff won't repeat this year. He's good enough, hoping the best for this kid to fire up!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,608
  • Content Count:  74,431
  • Days Won:  422

One thing to look at, for whatever type of year he had last year, odds are if he had stayed healthy, he'd be the holder of the USF single season passing record ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,665
  • Days Won:  108

10 hours ago, raptorcj said:

This is his make or break year. He's had a year on the field with the offense now, so hopefully the down-slope stuff won't repeat this year. He's good enough, hoping the best for this kid to fire up!

Isn't this a new offense?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  12,143
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Isn't this a new offense?

He actually has passing routes and options this year. Hopefully he won't have to make as many plays with his legs.

• Upvote 2