• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

We have to be able to do better than this...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 8/9/2019 at 11:44 PM, Brad said:

Anything to back that up?  Didn’t seem like it from my corner suite.  

His eternal and unreasoned hatred of USF backs it up.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

34 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I will sadly be doing a production install that night. Even watching it on tv and talking here is gonna be a challenge for me.

I’ll call you in man, will say you have a case of Bulls Balls....

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712

10 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Is there any scientific proof that training in heat and humidity conditions you to perform better?  Training at altitude gets you accustomed to that.  But I don't know about the heat/humidity thing.

Yes. Basically, your body gets better at keeping cool... as long as it is hydrated. Mainly, you increase capillary density in your skin which serves to dissipate heat from the core via blood flow and heat exchange through evaporation. There are also additional benefits related to improvements in anaerobic respiration and increases in the body’s ability to buffer lactate.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK236240/

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,940
  • Days Won:  38

6 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

This is a band wagon town and we only show out for consistent exciting teams like the Lightning.

I don't think that is fair though because the Lightning literally did everything they could to become the top sports team in the area.  If you are talking about recent history, the Lighting (with a new owner) went all in and renovated their stadium, hired an amazing GM, built a great core player group, and created an amazing experience.  I think they totally earned everything they are getting and downtown Tampa is 100% Lightning all the way. 

If you look at recent USF, they added a hype guy with his hat on backwards to shout at you between plays, moved the band into the student section to take up seats, and then had the team run out of the visitor fans' tunnel.   I am just saying from an integrated gameday experience, it's not on the level of the Lightning by any stretch.  Lightning games are loud and fun.  USF games can be a bit like a library where you can't get too excited or you will face retribution from the undead legacy donor hoarde.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

13 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I don't think that is fair though because the Lightning literally did everything they could to become the top sports team in the area.  If you are talking about recent history, the Lighting (with a new owner) went all in and renovated their stadium, hired an amazing GM, built a great core player group, and created an amazing experience.  I think they totally earned everything they are getting and downtown Tampa is 100% Lightning all the way. 

If you look at recent USF, they added a hype guy with his hat on backwards to shout at you between plays, moved the band into the student section to take up seats, and then had the team run out of the visitor fans' tunnel.   I am just saying from an integrated gameday experience, it's not on the level of the Lightning by any stretch.  Lightning games are loud and fun.  USF games can be a bit like a library where you can't get too excited or you will face retribution from the undead legacy donor hoarde.  

In the end, it all comes down to product for your time and money. Most of us don't have enough of either and need a reason to spend them both. I will say that for the time and money, USF MBB is my household's sweet spot. In and out in a couple hours, cheap, fun to watch. USF football for me is tough to rally around. My kids aren't terribly excited about 4+ hours in the heat and my wife isn't keen on dropping $200 a game for the family to blow on a Saturday. I'm a bad football fan the last couple years and I make no apologies for it. Things  will likely change down the road, but it is what it is while I have a 6 and 9 year old and life on the weekends. It's hard enough to carve out TV time for our games. And weekdays are a non-starter for the JTrue posse.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,940
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

it is what it is while I have a 6 and 9 year old

That's the most important thing!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

We have a lot of bandwagon fans, win against big teams and they will come, way too many come for the opponent, not to watch the Bulls.

I have seen many on here who in the past wouldn't come to watch the Bulls play Memphis, Tulsa, and other CUSA teams, probably won't draw much of a crowd for them.

that said moving the band into the student section not a good idea imho, I'm still scratching my head why they run our of the visitor fans tunnel, that hideous HOT announcer- 

this elderly donor and the rest of our crowd of 10 stand and are rowdy!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

That's the most important thing!

Before kids, I was a season ticket holder. Those days are long gone. I'm not buying 4 tickets to only use half, at best. And I have no interest in sitting in the upper deck. I'll go to a game or two a season like I usually do, try and win a raffle here to pick up another game, and watch the rest on TV. We always hit the Spring Game and did practices back when they were open. I support when and how I can. Sorry not sorry for the empty seats. I will say winning always helps make the decision a hell of a lot easier. But then again, so does losing.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

22 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

If you look at recent USF, they added a hype guy with his hat on backwards to shout at you between plays, moved the band into the student section to take up seats, and then had the team run out of the visitor fans' tunnel.   I am just saying from an integrated gameday experience, it's not on the level of the Lightning by any stretch.  Lightning games are loud and fun.

You do know the same hype guy does both Bulls and Lightning games?

As far as moving the band, weren't there complaints that they couldn't be heard in some areas of the stadium so this may help that (although mic'ing band could help, too) .... and I'm trying to remember but don't some other schools put their band in then zone ..... lastly, I'm good with anything to get, and keep, the student section as full as possible, as long as possible.

Two possible reasons I thought I heard for the new team entrance. The "new" dressing room makes it better there .... better to have team run on facing the side with actual fans in it.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

33 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Hockey fans are also an entirely different type of fan. Though Tampa may have a lot of two team hockey fans, those fans actually show up to many Lightning games other than when their old home team show up. People from traditional hockey markets just love to watch hockey.