• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We have to be able to do better than this...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

A wash in that it feels like taking a shower when you walk out the door here.

I was thinking about this yesterday when I was biking in the White Mountains. It was 64 degrees. I know there is no way I could take the humidity of Florida again. Those Wisky boys will be impacted...the question is by how much? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I was thinking about this yesterday when I was biking in the White Mountains. It was 64 degrees. I know there is no way I could take the humidity of Florida again. Those Wisky boys will be impacted...the question is by how much? 

Is there any scientific proof that training in heat and humidity conditions you to perform better?  Training at altitude gets you accustomed to that.  But I don't know about the heat/humidity thing.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,831
  • Days Won:  67

24 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Is there any scientific proof that training in heat and humidity conditions you to perform better?  Training at altitude gets you accustomed to that.  But I don't know about the heat/humidity thing.

I don’t have any hard data, but it is pretty obvious the years of my drinking excessively in the heat has conditioned my body to respond better than the yanks from up north when they visit our stadium.  I would be willing to perform a case study with some cheeseheads to prove my hypothesis,  we would each consume a 12 pack along with a variety of shots and then study our behavior as we interact  in the swamp a$$ environment, it will be obvious that training in a similar type environment provides a substantial benefit.

I am pretty confident that Florida heat and humidity is like none other. When my confederate friends come up in August they have a coat on in 59 degree weather. Thus, it has to work the other way around too.

33 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I don’t have any hard data, but it is pretty obvious the years of my drinking excessively in the heat has conditioned my body to respond better than the yanks from up north when they visit our stadium.  I would be willing to perform a case study with some cheeseheads to prove my hypothesis,  we would each consume a 12 pack along with a variety of shots and then study our behavior as we interact  in the swamp a$$ environment, it will be obvious that training in a similar type environment provides a substantial benefit.

I don’t know...those boys know how to drink...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,831
  • Days Won:  67

15 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Thus, it has to work the other way around too.

I don’t know...those boys know how to drink...

It does work both ways however only in the extremes will you receive a benefit. I was raised up in those parts and have stallion blood (at least for drinking) German/Irish.  Those boys may know how to drink but not in this type of heat/humidity, it will wear them down and they will drop like flies, seen it happen too many times in the past.

24 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It does work both ways however only in the extremes will you receive a benefit. I was raised up in those parts and have stallion blood (at least for drinking) German/Irish.  Those boys may know how to drink but not in this type of heat/humidity, it will wear them down and they will drop like flies, seen it happen too many times in the past.

If this does happen we need to keep it at least close going into the 4th quarter. Hopefully our speed on offense will gas them. Would love to have a scrambling QB starting for us in this game.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/9/2019 at 9:13 PM, keith S said:

Unfortunately, if we are going to fill the stadium we will have to do a large portion of it with the Tampa band wagon fans. In the magical 2007 year, we didn't have that many people at the Elon game. It wasn't until we beat Auburn that people started talking. By the time the WV game came around, the even the mayor was excited enough to call that Friday night USF green and gold day.

IF we could find a way to beat UW and GT, by the time BYU comes around those same band wagoners will come around to see what's going on at Ray Jay.

If we beat Wisky it's going to be like the 05' season and if we beat Texas next year it will be like the WVU win in 06'. We need a few big name teams to beat first in-order to prime the atmosphere. 

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/9/2019 at 6:00 PM, Brad said:

:Harsh

I was thinking about his post - and it’s not about HS football.  UW will have the same thing, yet they may travel  more than we can get to show up.  They care.  It’s their team and they’re a large enough of a fan base, that hundreds if not thousands can skip Aug 30 because “my kid has football, or it’s on the road”.  But still thousands will show.  

We need to build the base.  Not shame people for life.  I know you were being acerbically funny @Friscobull, I get it.

As far as I've heard there will be around 3-5K Badgers fans but scattered around will be more so probably 4-6K total.  Also, I'm so excited to head to Florida, can't come soon enough .... Beach days, Disney, Busch Gardens, Brewery Tour, Inshore and Offshore fishing .... I am pumped!

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull

I cant say disagree with everything you said.  The biggest issue is its a tampa Bay sports scene problem.  Lots of other stuff to do and spend money on here.  This is a band wagon town and we only show out for consistent exciting teams like the Lightning.

But im not buying into that whole my school will be a small time program and it always will be so just deal with it......we actually have alot going for us being a large school in a Florida boom town with a top notch guy running our Ath. Dept, better fscilities coming......I choose to believe our best days are ahead.

The attendance for Wisconsin if true, is very dissapointing.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I will sadly be doing a production install that night. Even watching it on tv and talking here is gonna be a challenge for me.