• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We have to be able to do better than this...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, ecpsup said:

Just saw this... what the F+++!!!

Just replied with “None - I’ll be at the USF - Wisconsin game.” And tagged Mike Kelly for the first time. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

13 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Let's not forget that we'll have a large segment of the active student population not at the game: sororities.  Yet again they will not be able to attend the game due to their rules related to recruitment week.

Plus it's also Labor Day Weekend... and it doesn't mean as much down here... but it's really the last weekend before Thanksgiving for families to do any type of vacation.  (Up north, schools start AFTER Labor Day not three weeks before).

>> I will be going, and moving to Raleigh NC the very next day.

Sororities are unaffected by the Friday kickoff. Just asked my daughter who’s a Chi-O at USF. She said Saturday is booked but Friday is open for football.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Sororities are unaffected by the Friday kickoff. Just asked my daughter who’s a Chi-O at USF. She said Saturday is booked but Friday is open for football.

Must vary by sorority. My daughter is Zeta and last I heard, a while ago, they won’t be able to attend. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

3 weeks away and there are still thousands of tickets available for the game against the Badgers.  A B1G opponent for the first game of the season on a Friday night.  I totally get our history / attendance issues / humidity / not Saturday / high school ball / etc., but I'm a little surprised we won't have more than 35,000 there.

GO BULLS!

There will be close to 50k when it is all said and done...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Must vary by sorority. My daughter is Zeta and last I heard, a while ago, they won’t be able to attend. 

Could someone conduct a breakdown of all the Sororities activities to determine what kind impact the rush week will have on the attendance,  I have not heard if the Tri delts or AD pie will be attending and I am thinking we should petition the Greek counsel for a dead day    to address this travesty of events, this could crater our season if left unaddressed.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,628
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

This game--- if you wanted to really bring the Wisconsin fans into the picture-- should have been scheduled for mid November. We might not have had that flexibility, but selling people on a trip to Florida as the temperatures start to plummet in the midwest is pretty easy. I can't say I blame the ho-hum interest in this game from their fans. It is not like USF is a world beater or even a significant win to go after anymore.

I have friends who live in Madison and are UW seasont ticket holders.  They are coming down with 5 other season ticket holders and tailgating with me.  They're taking adavantage of it being a holiday weekend and said they're hearing from a lot of others who are doing the same thing.  And Friday night even enticed more of them as they can come down on Thursday, party and game on Friday and then head to the beach Saturday to Monday.  I doubt they will be returning any of their allocation (assuming it's 4 or 5K) and many more will be scattered throughout the stadium.  Not a takeover, but there will be a lot of red in the stands including empty seats!

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

that's great to hear.

My point was more along the lines of comparing back in the days when the Bucs were in the NFC Central and teams like the Packers and Bears would play in Tampa while it was snowing back home. The stands were crowded with those opposing team fans trying to both catch a weather break and watch their team. I would guess that trading late August Wisconsin weather with Tampa weather is practically a wash.

It's all good though. I hope we give them a good game.

Practically a wash as in feels 30 degrees cooler?

A1A0EA7E-C64A-4F6C-88BB-D9D246363382.jpeg

F9EEF284-30D5-4167-9E0F-8B272E0D891B.jpeg

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm hoping for a rain early and then Florida's finest humidity for those 300 + pounders from Wisconsin.... I

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 hours ago, MikeG said:

The time to do that was back in mid-December when we should have brought in a new head coach. Charlie Strong is not getting the job done

This game--- if you wanted to really bring the Wisconsin fans into the picture-- should have been scheduled for mid November. We might not have had that flexibility, but selling people on a trip to Florida as the temperatures start to plummet in the midwest is pretty easy. I can't say I blame the ho-hum interest in this game from their fans. It is not like USF is a world beater or even a significant win to go after anymore.

Bottom line to me is that the Tampa market just can't be bothered with second rate anything in sports-- either be a winner or forget you is the attitude for any sport. When we were selling out the stadium-- we were offering some really fun and winning teams to watch. That was over a decade ago. Even the Flowers years cannot erase that run of hot garbage we put out there calling it college football. Honestly-- our fortunes look pretty bleak to ever get into a big time conference again and for whatever reason, people think that matters. We are destined to be small time ever since the demise of the Big East, our one and only shot at significance (and one that was mocked by the clowns at ESPN relentlessly).

So go to the game and have fun and try to let our incredibly poor outlook for the future distract you from having a football team. And for the love of all that is holy-- stop worrying about attendance numbers-- it is just another sign of futility.

**** Mike...it must be football season. Gone for 5 months and you come back swinging...I LIKE IT! 🤘 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

18 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

Practically a wash as in feels 30 degrees cooler?

A1A0EA7E-C64A-4F6C-88BB-D9D246363382.jpeg

F9EEF284-30D5-4167-9E0F-8B272E0D891B.jpeg

A wash in that it feels like taking a shower when you walk out the door here.