• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We have to be able to do better than this...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,627
  • Days Won:  6

3 weeks away and there are still thousands of tickets available for the game against the Badgers.  A B1G opponent for the first game of the season on a Friday night.  I totally get our history / attendance issues / humidity / not Saturday / high school ball / etc., but I'm a little surprised we won't have more than 35,000 there.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah it isn’t looking promising. I’m so pumped for the start of the season. Hoping sales pick up!!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Perhaps the most daunting task the VPofA faces...but we got the best radio station by definition, all time high on corporate sponsorships, and season tickets are about even with the surge yet to come at last minute.

The focal point of this site, since the beginning is to help with this.  We need to be energetic, inclusive, inviting and active.  Get friends, co-workers, neighbors and strangers involved and aware of the Bulls.  

We can’t sit back as “good fans” and hope that Mr. Kelly can alone ignite the Bay’s support.

This is not directed at you @79 Bull, you’ve been at it as long as me and others.  Just a call to all to get others involved.  And for our own damned selves, be involved, loud and supportive.

• Like 1

Secondly, and not related to the above necessarily, is the heart of the argument on this board about beating good, P5, name recognizable teams and beating American Athletic  teams - even if you get a trophy.

You want Tampa Bay,?  You beat Wisconsin, Ga. Tech and BYU.  Then, you get a percentage back.  Open the next chapter with the CJL and you get the holdouts.

• Upvote 4

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

High school football, me and about 6 friends that would come with kids have sons that play high school football in Tampa

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,844
  • Days Won:  67

15 minutes ago, HPbull said:

High school football, me and about 6 friends that would come with kids have sons that play high school football in Tampa

Kids are overrated and it is not like they are only young once, weak excuse but good luck anyways and hope your boys play well.

• Haha 1

:Harsh

I was thinking about his post - and it’s not about HS football.  UW will have the same thing, yet they may travel  more than we can get to show up.  They care.  It’s their team and they’re a large enough of a fan base, that hundreds if not thousands can skip Aug 30 because “my kid has football, or it’s on the road”.  But still thousands will show.  

We need to build the base.  Not shame people for life.  I know you were being acerbically funny @Friscobull, I get it.

• Like 1

I hope he caught the hint of sarcasm

• Topic Count:  4,733
  • Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

Pitiful if we don't have the lower bowl full . . . 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

:Harsh

I was thinking about his post - and it’s not about HS football.  UW will have the same thing, yet they may travel  more than we can get to show up.  They care.  It’s their team and they’re a large enough of a fan base, that hundreds if not thousands can skip Aug 30 because “my kid has football, or it’s on the road”.  But still thousands will show.  

We need to build the base.  Not shame people for life.  I know you were being acerbically funny @Friscobull, I get it.

I have and love my kids and thought I was being obvious in my satire. however B rad, The difference between Wisconsin and Florida,Texas is that Friday night lights is big and our kids (not mine I had girls, **** X chromosome) play in it and live it.  Go to the Midwest schools and they are playing soccer or patty cake, less than 1/2 of their team is actually from Wisconsin, they raid Texas and Florida like most of the big 10.  One last thing stop using those big words, I am too lazy to google that shat (acerbically) jeez