• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In case you’ve been too afraid to look yourself

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

If you’re wondering how we can win this game, go look at the Purdue Wisconsin (Coan was QB). Taylor ran for 300+ and Purdue still had a chance to win. I’m not saying giving up 300 to JT is a recipe for winning, but I think this is the closest thing we have to replicate what we should be. Let’s hope we don’t fumble a ball through the end zone. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

You mean a team could win a game by consistently running a HB Dive play 20+ times per game against us?

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

Is this one of those games where you elect to take the ball first if you win the toss?🤔

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,109
  • Days Won:  6

Back in the CJL days I would have suggested that our defense was up to the challenge. 

The problem back then is we had zero offense or we were so 1 dimensional that we struggled.  Andre Hall would get his yards too but but we lost games.  As a lot of people are saying, they stopped the other 10 guys from making an impact.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

I am honestly not worried about Wisconsin... Taylor is a legit Heisman candidate... behind a rebuilt OL... if our guys can "stay in their lanes" his effectiveness should be limited (say 4 ypc instead of 7)... and if we can get a few 3-and-out stops, he may not get his typical 20+ carries.

To be honest, this game is a bell-weather for the season.  Win and build some great confidence!!

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

Mentioned this another thread but traditionally, this is a matchup nightmare for us. Melvin Gordon took us to the cleaners a few years ago, granted we were a deplorable team back then. Most power teams seem to have big success against us at pounding up the gut. I remember the Big East days with Pitt and Rutgers having success with it. 

Anyway, I think our hope lies in outscoring Taylor. We do that, we got a chance. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Dalvin Cook

Ray Rice

LeSean McCoy 

Others that I cannot remember.  Power backs and running games destroy us historically 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Dalvin Cook

Ray Rice

LeSean McCoy 

Others that I cannot remember.  Power backs and running games destroy us historically 

In all fairness to us were there lots of teams that had an easy time with those guys?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

15 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Dalvin Cook

Ray Rice

LeSean McCoy 

Jonathan Stewart

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, MikeG said:

The past has zero bearing on this game except for maybe the  recent past-- and that by no means bodes well for our chances. Our team was basically castrated by the inept coaching of Charlie Strong and will continue on this path. Short of new guys steping up and amazing us-- we are most likely NOT as good as last year with all the players lost to graduation.

I have zero faith that the way our program is being run currently can come close to matching what Wisconsin does. Not that I won't watch and hope for us to find some way to win- OR that I hope I am completely wrong about everything and that all is well with USF football. But I get the impression people think something is going to change suddenly when hardly anything of significance has changed on the coaching staff. Sorry-- but the schedule this year is going to crush our team. a winning record would be a minor miracle in my green and gold eyes.

Gotta pull the trigger when all the stars align to tell you-- "hey, fire this guy and bring in a new coach" last December.

So I’m putting you in the “maybe” column?

• Haha 1