• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

VPofA Kelley's first year anniversary

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s going to be 15 years before you will be impressed...

It will be longer than that. I think alot of people on this board (myself included) will not live to see an OCS.  I am 43.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

5 hours ago, USFRaider said:

It will be longer than that. I think alot of people on this board (myself included) will not live to see an OCS.  I am 43.

I unfortunately for maybe the first time agree with you. The trajectory of football in general, attendance issues coupled with our ability to get big time opponents due to having a larger plush off campus facility that we could never afford to put on campus are the reasons I will probably not see it as well.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,971
  • Days Won:  469

I hope to meet this Michael Kelly one of these days.  😀

As for the OCS, I am recall the first game in Raymond James and how it felt terribly foreign.  I remember whining back then and hearing “at least 15 or 20 years.”  That may now be “a lifetime.”  😮

52 minutes ago, Brad said:

I hope to meet this Michael Kelly one of these days.  😀

As for the OCS, I am recall the first game in Raymond James and how it felt terribly foreign.  I remember whining back then and hearing “at least 15 or 20 years.”  That may now be “a lifetime.”  😮

I remember the first game at the Old Sombrero and they roped off the end zones seats but the crowd spilled over past the roped area, later that year watching GA Southern win after a failed 2 pt conversion in front of maybe 15k at the same Houlihans stadium that seated well over 70k. The only thing that seems foreign now is I was smoking a Cuban cigar at my seat during the game legally (at least the smoking part).

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I remember the first game at the Old Sombrero and they roped off the end zones seats but the crowd spilled over past the roped area, later that year watching GA Southern win after a failed 2 pt conversion in front of maybe 15k at the same Houlihans stadium that seated well over 70k. The only thing that seems foreign now is I was smoking a Cuban cigar at my seat during the game legally (at least the smoking part).

I am not a smoker but I have to say that’s pretty cool...early Bulls football, light crowd and you said F it I am smoking my Cubans and enjoying the game. 

24 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am not a smoker but I have to say that’s pretty cool...early Bulls football, light crowd and you said F it I am smoking my Cubans and enjoying the game. 

Yes but it really was not rebel like, you could smoke in the bleachers, it was allowed. Nowadays nobody smokes anymore however you used to be able to smoke in the dorms, barracks, restaurants airplanes etc... now if someone lights up a cigarette within 100 yards we can smell it.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Yes but it really was not rebel like, you could smoke in the bleachers, it was allowed. Nowadays nobody smokes anymore however you used to be able to smoke in the dorms, barracks, restaurants airplanes etc... now if someone lights up a cigarette within 100 yards we can smell it.

Got it...yeah I can’t stand cigarette smell...I can live with cigar. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

VPoA is all class. 

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Friscobull said:

We had some idiot vaping a few seats down and the wind was perfect and blew that **** coming from his lungs right in our faces.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,211
  • Days Won:  25

He has some big games scheduled for us in the future with Miami,UF,Alabama, and Texas to name a few. I like where he is taking the program, and seems to be trying his best to get us to a p5 conference.