• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

To put things in perspective,..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,195
  • Days Won:  42

I will take 3-2 at this point with a 1-0 BIG EAST start. We lost to Miami, but it was not like the defense got out played last night. The defense was just too tired because they were on the field all night, so you can see why they started to fall apart. The defense deserves a game ball for this one because they never gave up, and kept USF in the game even when our offense gave Miami the ball many of times. I think USF needs to hand the ball off more and through as little as possible for the rest of the year. You have to wonder how this game would have been if we were in Tampa instead of Miami. It is just a sign of a very young team when you struggle on the road in a hostile enviroment like Miami or Penn St. It will take some time, but I think USF will learn how to win on the road when it is all said in done. Hopefully, we can make that bowl game and represent the BIG EAST better next time. GO BULLS!!!!!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  188
  • Days Won:  0

I couldn't agree more.  Our defense was outstanding.  Miami was working with a short field the entire first half and I thought our defense played great.

If anything I think the game showed that Miami has a long way to go on the Offensive side of the ball.  Their defense is outstanding and will need to continue to bail them out all year.

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

all true

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  120

I disagree that our defense got tired. The damage was done in the first half primarily, mostly from turnovers, poor punting, and some big plays on Miami's return team.

Our defense battled hard all night-- and don't get this wrong but Miami's offense is not their strong suit. No-- their defense is where they win games.

I was impressed by their speed. We were just a notch below that. Had we not shot ourselves in the foot early on (one drop that could have gone for huge yards; one fumble; two overthrown passes that got picked off), we could have been in this game until the end.

I am thankful the Bulls covered. Losing some cash on top of the loss would have sucked a little more.

One thing for certain-- we were not blown out of the stadium. The scoreboard reflects lots of fortunate short fields we had to defend from the get go.

One thing-- when you are sitting there and you look over at oneof the corners, you see the "NCAA record 58 home game winning streak" and realize that Miami protects their dilapidated house very well.