• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'm so excited for this guy if he can live up to the hype. He's got some awesome tape and is a great athlete

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Thanks for all the tape, getting closer and I am so ready for some action.  Not to be out done I will post a clip of me mowing the lawn later on, stay tuned.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,561
  • Days Won:  29

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

...  Not to be out done I will post a clip of me mowing the lawn later on, stay tuned.

What's your 40 time? Push or Riding?

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,341
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, MSBulls said:

I'm so excited for this guy if he can live up to the hype. He's got some awesome tape and is a great athlete

He should be dismissed immediately for having a UNC profile pic on twitter.

Seriously though isnt there someone monitoring things like this?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,561
  • Days Won:  29

1 minute ago, USFBULL_08 said:

He should be dismissed immediately for having a UNC profile pic on twitter.

Seriously though isnt there someone monitoring things like this?

Sure he's waiting for a in game photo ... but noticed that also.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

18 minutes ago, E.T. said:

What's your 40 time? Push or Riding?

Neither self propelled, I can mow the lawn, trim and edge in about 45 minutes which equates to about 3 Coors lights before I flop in the pool.  As  far as the forty, i would think I can run it now in somewhere under 6 as long as I don’t pull a hammy.

• Haha 1

ICYMI

Closer USF Defense Having Fun, Playing 'Very Fast' in Fall Camp

CLOSER USF DEFENSE HAVING FUN, PLAYING 'VERY FAST' IN FALL CAMP

By TOM ZEBOLD

USF Senior Writer

TAMPA, AUG. 3, 2019
 – USF's defense did a lot of soul searching in the offseason and the first two days of fall camp have shown the focused group is hungry for a big bounce-back performance.

"I feel like we're having a lot of fun and we're playing very fast," said sophomore defensive back Vincent Davis (Jacksonville, Fla.). "We've got a lot of returners and we're building that team chemistry. That's one thing we really worked on."

Davis (Jacksonville, Fla.) was one of nine true or redshirt freshmen defenders that gained game experience last season while USF also had to move veterans to other positions out of necessity because of injury.

This offseason was a crucial time for the Bulls to get better and they made strides in a number of ways.

First is the eye test, which USF has passed with many players making significant gains under veteran strength and conditioning coach Pat Moorer.

33079Junior defensive tackle Kelvin Pinkneylooks much more imposing at 305, a 17-pound increase since last season, and he's also pushing more plates. The Sarasota, Fla., native topped his bench goal of 320 by 10 pounds and went well past the 400-pound squat mark this offseason.

"I made sure I lifted a lot more," Pinkney said. "I made sure I ate a better diet and that's a credit to Coach Moorer and his staff."

Speaking of strength, junior cornerback Mike Hampton has gone from putting up five reps to now 15 reps of 225 pounds in the bench press thanks to staying dedicated this summer. The 2018 all-conference honorable mention selection said progress was a trend across the board for the Bulls.

"Players have added 10, 15, 20 pounds," Hampton said. "We're just more dedicated this year. We're more disciplined and dedicated."

Hampton is one of 13 returning players with starting experience, joining Davis, Pinkney, senior defensive ends Greg Reaves (Bradenton, Fla.) and Kirk Livingstone (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.), sophomore safety Nick Roberts (Jacksonville, Fla.), junior defensive tackle Kevin Kegler (Madison, Fla.), senior linebacker Nico Sawtelle (Jensen Beach, Fla.), sophomore safety Mekhi LaPointe(Seffner, Fla.), sophomore linebacker Dwayne Boyles (Miami), sophomore defensive back Bentlee Sanders (Tampa), sophomore defensive lineman Rashawn Yates (Port St. Lucie, Fla.) and sophomore defensive tackle Tyrone Barber (Venice, Fla.).

Together, veterans made sure the Bulls continuously strengthened their bond in the offseason. The secondary, for example, made sure to have fun as a group off campus when they weren't taking care of extra football tasks.

"We spend more time together. On the weekends, we'll go bowling and to movies," Hampton said. "It could be the little things. We'll come out here on our own time and do ball drills, just to communicate with each other and get a better feel for each other."

REST OF STORY

• Upvote 2