• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Aaron Rodgers on MVS

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

"What has impressed Rodgers is not only how Valdes-Scantling took advantage of learning from Cobb and Adams last year, but how he’s become one of those model practice players himself.

“I think some of the biggest issues with young players and mistakes is just not watching the guy in front of you. If you don’t have a great example in front of you, then they might not know what to do,” Rodgers explained earlier this week. “There’s zero excuses when it comes to the receivers because, for years around here, you’ve had pro’s pros in that room. The Jordy Nelsons, the Randall Cobbs, James Jones, Davante Adams. The way Davante practices sets a tone for the entire group. That’s why his leadership is so important to that group.

“That being said, a guy like Marquez — who went through some spells last year when he wasn’t practicing all the time the right way — has totally changed. Now, he’s a leader when it comes to practicing the right way. I think he’s done a great job.”

“I think ‘MVS’ has really been watching Davante closely and picking things up and playing as fast as his time. I think that’s an issue with any player. You might time at a super-quick 40 (-yard dash), but how fast do you play? It’s that football speed. ‘MVS’ is playing a lot closer to his 40 time speed, which is saying a lot because he’s pretty damned fast.“

Good, long story on MVS on Madison.com:

For Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Family Night shows just how far he’s come in past year with Packers

• Upvote 4