• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls in NFL Training Camps

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Unless, Brad has changed, I think he only wants a couple of paragraphs with a link to rest, although this could be different because of the TBT set up. If he okays posting whole article with link, to a kind of pay site, I'd prefer to do that. I was discreetly trying to help those TBT haters who won't subscribe because there's never any positive USF coverage ......... but I've now been outed. Hopefully, he weighs in on this.

Certainly wasn't trying to out anyone.  Just was curious.  I subscribe to the TBT so it isn't a problem how many times I click on it. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Certainly wasn't trying to out anyone.  Just was curious.  I subscribe to the TBT so it isn't a problem how many times I click on it. 

I do need an answer on how to handle those articles. Used to be that links to stuff behind a paywall were totally verboten but, to me, this is a little different situation considering you do get so many free views per some set amount of time ........ of course, making someone waste one of those free views on just one paragraph wasn't a very smart move looking back.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I do need an answer on how to handle those articles. Used to be that links to stuff behind a paywall were totally verboten but, to me, this is a little different situation considering you do get so many free views per some set amount of time ........ of course, making someone waste one of those free views on just one paragraph wasn't a very smart move looking back.

As Puc would say.  NEVER look back.

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

As Puc would say.  NEVER look back.

Yeah, I really do need to develop his keen, analytical, forward looking only skills .........

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

Unless, Brad has changed, I think he only wants a couple of paragraphs with a link to rest, although this could be different because of the TBT set up. If he okays posting whole article with link, to a kind of pay site, I'd prefer to do that. I was discreetly trying to help those TBT haters who won't subscribe because there's never any positive USF coverage ......... but I've now been outed. Hopefully, he weighs in on this.

Yeah, for TBT, etc., just a couple paragraphs or key portion with the link.  But they are a pay site, now?

Of course there is the rule that prohibits linking to pay material.  I guess all you can to is paraphrase.

GoUSFBulls.com I think we can be a little more liberal (since a lot of it goes out as press releases) and still link it back.

Your heart was in the right place.  :)

22 minutes ago, Brad said:

Yeah, for TBT, etc., just a couple paragraphs or key portion with the link.  But they are a pay site, now?

Of course there is the rule that prohibits linking to pay material.  I guess all you can to is paraphrase.

I think you get so many free views per month, 4-6, maybe but after that you have to be a subscriber so it's kind of a hybrid. So bottom line, how do we handle the TBT articles going forward?

Feel free to discuss them, but there is no point linking to paid material.

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Feel free to discuss them, but there is no point linking to paid material.

So paraphrase, say it's from a TBT article but just don't link?

Yeah, i.e:

I saw in a paragraph I was able to read that Kerwin Bell plans to run HB Dives almost as much as last year.  There was no more information available as I don't subscribe, but I suppose somewhere later in the article it discussed the fan mutiny in the stands that might lead to general mayhem and bedlam.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Triple B said:

As someone who doesn't read the TBT except for USF articles, I appreciate your efforts.