• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Rv parking at or near Ray Jay

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

Of all the good arguments, and there are definitely some decent ones, the fact that we're missing out on all the excitement created by those RV's rolling down Fowler and onto campus on the Thursday before that big game against ECU is a pretty weak one, at best ...

I wasn’t trying to make an argument for an OCS based on RVs rolling on to campus.  I took the opportunity to express my disdain for Ray Jay as our home stadium.  The whole Ray Jay experience for me screams half assed and bush league.  I hate playing in a rented NFL stadium with a bunch of red seats and a pirate ship and just wanted to take another swipe...that’s all

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Even with lots opening 5 hours before a game you can drive up and get parking an hour before kickoff. The lack of tailgate atmosphere, and I don't think it is that bad, has nothing to do with the number of hours and everything to do with lack of fans.

When I've brought friends and family from out of the area to games they all mention how it's odd we can't be out there all day and set up College Gameday, dedicate the day to gameday and instead need to sit around all morning and early afternoon just waiting. Kills the feeling of the day and experience I feel. The day would just be more exciting I think and leave a better impression on people. Going on road-trips and tailgating all day at their facilities is awesome, and the RV experience is great too (Especially when you can get in Thursday or Friday night ahead of the rush and begin your festivities). We unfortunately don't have either here..

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

51 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I wasn’t trying to make an argument for an OCS based on RVs rolling on to campus.  I took the opportunity to express my disdain for Ray Jay as our home stadium.  The whole Ray Jay experience for me screams half assed and bush league.  I hate playing in a rented NFL stadium with a bunch of red seats and a pirate ship and just wanted to take another swipe...that’s all

I must admit the RV situation does offer an opportunity to make that swipe, but maybe a little less ambitious analogy than one to UF/Gainesville would have made it less comical ...

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I must admit the RV situation does offer an opportunity to make that swipe, but maybe a little less ambitious analogy than one to UF/Gainesville would have made it less comical ...

Perhaps it is ambitious but since I went to UF and had season tickets in the Swamp prior to ‘97 I got to experience big time college football and would some day like to see my alma mater ascend to those heights.  Hopefully VPoA Michael Kelly and the folks in USF athletics would not find this analogy as comical as you did.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Just imagine those rv's deck out in BULL Green and Gold rolling down the street...Think Wagon Train, Circus Parade...Now I bet that gets you all warm and fuzzy doesn't it??

Maybe MK is reading these posts on the rv topic and it gives him a HMMM...? moment. Or he reads these posts and thinks how screwed up some of the Bull's Faithful are..? Ha!

Never know..this conversation/topic generated some responses and some folks even see some merit in it. For us its easier to travel the 500 miles to Tampa in our small rv because we have our dog with us. We get a cab or rent a car when we get there. But, some out of town games are just easier to get to. Hard to believe that there aren't more USF folks out there that go to games either driving or towing an rv?? For us it works out to be a 3 day deal. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Perhaps it is ambitious but since I went to UF and had season tickets in the Swamp prior to ‘97 I got to experience big time college football and would some day like to see my alma mater ascend to those heights.  Hopefully VPoA Michael Kelly and the folks in USF athletics would not find this analogy as comical as you did.

30 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Just imagine those rv's deck out in BULL Green and Gold rolling down the street...Think Wagon Train, Circus Parade...Now I bet that gets you all warm and fuzzy doesn't it??

Maybe MK is reading these posts on the rv topic and it gives him a HMMM...? moment. Or he reads these posts and thinks how screwed up some of the Bull's Faithful are..? Ha!

Never know..this conversation/topic generated some responses and some folks even see some merit in it. For us its easier to travel the 500 miles to Tampa in our small rv because we have our dog with us. We get a cab or rent a car when we get there. But, some out of town games are just easier to get to. Hard to believe that there aren't more USF folks out there that go to games either driving or towing an rv?? For us it works out to be a 3 day deal. 

Alright, may have gone a wee bit overboard with the "comical"snark. Like I did say, the RV angle is one of the posits for an ocs .... circus parade doesget ma all warm and fuzzy ... but calling playing at RayJay "bush league" and "half assed" was a bit melodramatic, but I do understand the ocs thing does get people juiced at times.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  47
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, BulledOver said:

I always wanted to be able to take our rv and camp out at RayJay for the game. Just never saw the point of paying $65 and only being able to get in the parking lot 5 hours before a game. 

Crazy idea... Away game watch party. Amazing to see some campground taken over by bulls fans. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

21 minutes ago, usfjames2002 said:

I always wanted to be able to take our rv and camp out at RayJay for the game. Just never saw the point of paying $65 and only being able to get in the parking lot 5 hours before a game. 

Crazy idea... Away game watch party. Amazing to see some campground taken over by bulls fans. 

That is exactly what I was thinking, take the show on the road, sure to be cooler weather as well, one big RV trip a year makes sense.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Poss toss out location as games get closer see how many folks hav interest and could make it. See what rv sites are avail. Maybe 2-3 try it this season might grow from there??  Stranger things have happened like back when somebody said, hey Leroy what do you think about USF having football....? 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  47
  • Days Won:  0

The way the schedule looks @ECU on October 26th might be the latest in the season we could do.  There are so many campgrounds/state parks locations around the Tampa area.  

Edited by usfjames2002