• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kitija Laksa Turns Pro

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  19

She signed a 1 year deal to play in Riga. 

I brought this up back when everyone was wondering if she was going to transfer. 

Here is the line I said back in May:

One last thing - She may not be transferring. That just could be a back up plan in case her real plan doesn't work out, like playing pro in Europe for a year. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,514
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

She signed a 1 year deal to play in Riga. 

I brought this up back when everyone was wondering if she was going to transfer. 

Here is the line I said back in May:

One last thing - She may not be transferring. That just could be a back up plan in case her real plan doesn't work out, like playing pro in Europe for a year. 

It only made sense for her to turn pro rather than stay in school. I wish her well. 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  1

I really REALLY hope that the WBB program and USF Athletics department will make up with Kitija now that it's been revealed that she wasn't out to cause trouble or stab USF in the back.  It seemed like a bad divorce when things went down a few months ago.  Tweets being deleted, and it seemed like her name was deliberately being snubbed by some of the people involved.

I wish her the best of course as I think we should all be wishing her the best like we do CW, LF, FL, MJ, AP, and the many more successful women who have come out of our program and gone on to the next level.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061

Hopefully her recovery is full and she can be the great player that she is. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

40 minutes ago, Bullumni said:

I really REALLY hope that the WBB program and USF Athletics department will make up with Kitija now that it's been revealed that she wasn't out to cause trouble or stab USF in the back.  It seemed like a bad divorce when things went down a few months ago.  Tweets being deleted, and it seemed like her name was deliberately being snubbed by some of the people involved.

I wish her the best of course as I think we should all be wishing her the best like we do CW, LF, FL, MJ, AP, and the many more successful women who have come out of our program and gone on to the next level.

We don't know what happened behind the scenes and how she personally handled the situation. Did she discuss her plans with CJF or anyone else at USF prior to announcing her decision to (possibly) transfer? If she didn't, I think that might explain USF's reaction and it would have been completely justified. 

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  1

Its not as if things fell apart before the season ended.  She sat with the team, on the team bench during games when she was able to.  It seemed to me she was even trying to participate in team activities during stoppages of plays mostly.  I guess to me, it was just a shock the amount of shade that each side was giving the other, as well as the seemingly senseless twitter feud.  And the posture that USF Social Media accounts took as soon as the season was over.

I didn't know what went on behind the scenes and we may never know, but it was just puzzling to watch it play out in front of us fans.

Edited by Bullumni

1 hour ago, Bullumni said:

I don't think things were ever as bad as you were mentioning. 

I think all Bulls wish her the best. We want to see our own do well. 

A USF grad who happens to have a year of eligibility left has a right to transfer, and that isn't stabbing USF in the back. You just usually don't see it with players this high profile. 

There wasn't a divorce, I just think the program was ready to move on and have the drama of what will Kitija do, be over. Think of it as Gene Hackman in the early part of Hoosiers. He wanted to talk about his team and not Jimmy. I think the program wanted to talk about the players they had coming back and all the questions were about a player they already assumed was gone. 

The birthday tweet wasn't really a big deal, the problem with deleting it is that everyone notices you deleted it. 

I follow her on social media, been watching many clips of her shooting and practicing in Latvia wearing Bulls gear. I don't think there are any issues. 

All of this is just my opinion, not inside info. 

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, Bullumni said:

Its not as if things fell apart before the season ended.  She sat with the team, on the team bench during games when she was able to.  It seemed to me she was even trying to participate in team activities during stoppages of plays mostly.  I guess to me, it was just a shock the amount of shade that each side was giving the other, as well as the seemingly senseless twitter feud.  And the posture that USF Social Media accounts took as soon as the season was over.

I didn't know what went on behind the scenes and we may never know, but it was just puzzling to watch it play out in front of us fans.

There were some signs that she wasn't all in.  When the team wore a certain color warm up shirt for a special event (thinking Play for Kay and/or breast cancer) she wasn't wearing the same as the rest of the team including the non players.  Some other things that escape my old mind.  My wife pays more attention to the bench and she noticed some stuff.  From what I heard that she and CJF had had enough of each other.  Haven't asked Coach if that is true but this is from someone that should know.  

I wish her the best. She was nice enough to sign my WNBA ball land I hope she gets there next year.

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 1:02 PM, Mike Stuben said:

I don't think things were ever as bad as you were mentioning. 

I think all Bulls wish her the best. We want to see our own do well. 

A USF grad who happens to have a year of eligibility left has a right to transfer, and that isn't stabbing USF in the back. You just usually don't see it with players this high profile. 

There wasn't a divorce, I just think the program was ready to move on and have the drama of what will Kitija do, be over. Think of it as Gene Hackman in the early part of Hoosiers. He wanted to talk about his team and not Jimmy. I think the program wanted to talk about the players they had coming back and all the questions were about a player they already assumed was gone. 

The birthday tweet wasn't really a big deal, the problem with deleting it is that everyone notices you deleted it. 

I follow her on social media, been watching many clips of her shooting and practicing in Latvia wearing Bulls gear. I don't think there are any issues. 

All of this is just my opinion, not inside info. 

image.png.1265876050e2af863bcfe099c540285d.png