• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pat Julmiste after Miami

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

Julimiste played very good in the first four games for us, and now you are calling for his head after one game.  It wasnt so much PJ tonight as it was the Miami Defense.  A defense that could probably rival several pro defenses right now.  Also PJ wasnt the only who appeared to be running scared on the field, there were quite a few dropped passes by the WR's which didnt help much.  I think he can bounce back next game and play well for us as he has the first four games, there isnt a defense left on our schedule that even comes close to Miami's D...I think PJ is up for it.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Its tough for a marginal QB to win against one of the best defenses in the land.  We won't play any d's like that the rest of the year.  

We were overmatched on offense, but our d held their own against the UM.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

i was watching game with a couple of friends that have watched usf now for at least 3 years

and they ask the same question

why does your qb always suck?

why does your qb always look rattled?

don't they have qbs in florida?

as little as we ask of our qb,leavitt should have turned reins over to one of the freshman

we need to get other receivers the ball

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

not worth putting in Grothe and burning his redshirt in this situation.

I want him on the field in 2009 vs Miami!

vg-i agree.grothe should be getting ready for next year

do we go with pj next year or grothe,hill or some unknown jc transfer or frosh phenom?

you know where i stand.we need a change.

cd ain't it

Guest Wildrover
Julimiste played very good in the first four games for us, and now you are calling for his head after one game.  It wasnt so much PJ tonight as it was the Miami Defense.  A defense that could probably rival several pro defenses right now.  Also PJ wasnt the only who appeared to be running scared on the field, there were quite a few dropped passes by the WR's which didnt help much.  I think he can bounce back next game and play well for us as he has the first four games, there isnt a defense left on our schedule that even comes close to Miami's D...I think PJ is up for it.

I'm not sure I'mof that opinion,  I think he played Okay for us while our running game was great the first four games.  When your running game gets shut down we need a QB that can throw the ball to receivers that can catch the ball.  I think the biggest difference from last year and this year is that we had an offensive coordinator who refusted to play to our strength (our running game) now we have one that does but when that gets taken away it exposes how bad PJ really is at QB.  Remember he went to a high school where he said he was lucky to throw the ball four or five times a game, now we need him to do much more than that and he just doesn't have it.  As long as we're against a D that we can run on, it will make him look good, but if we have t rely on PJ then we will be in trouble.  

Guest bullman33
Julimiste played very good in the first four games for us,

REALLY??  I hardly consider what is did as very good.  Handing the ball off doesnt take much talent.   He looked decent those first couple of games because we were playing famu and oc.  Even vs ul he didnt look that good.  It was everyone else that made the plays not him.  

we have nobody left on our schedule that even comes close to Miami's D...I think PJ is up for it.

YEAH RIGHT.  We better be playing someone else who can actually throw the ball.  Our qb play has been embarassing.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

My impression, first is that Miami has a very very good defense.  And aside from the fact that our quarterbacks are very inaccurate passers, to me what really showed tonight was the difference between our OL and the UM DL.  They seemed bigger, were faster, and apparently stronger.  The run game had no success because we were consistently being beat on the line.  In the pass game, again our OL let us down by letting guys get pressure.  Before USF can emerge as a big time player, yes they need a better QB, but they must start getting the top OL prospects.

the qb problem is now going on 4th year

ain't changing anytime soon

pj will be starter next year

leavitt loves him and fears change