• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pat Julmiste after Miami

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

Well guys, we've seen both improvement and the need for much more out of this guy.  He was awful tonight.

Based on this, I am of the opinion that the guy is not good under pressure from defenses (he has looked better when there was only 1 sack allowed in 4 games).  He is still our best QB we can play with right now.

That's not necessarily a good thing, but we've got some transfers and grothe.  Julmiste needs more composure, he looked scared tonight.

It's frustrating but its part of the USF development process...we need a few more years until we can line up great players at EVERY position... not just RB (hall) or QB (blackwell).

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

What is most disappointing is that we have a decent running back this year.  Add a good qb and we have great chance.  With our luck, when we get the godd QB we wont have a running back.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

Start Denson next game.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Denson doesn't do any better! Our QB problems are NOT solved, our recievers are not concentrating, and our attitude sucked tonight! Where was the team that beat Louisville? Were they abducted by aliens? This team looked worse than last years team tonight. Miami was beatable, but they did not have the heart tonight. We were flat, flat, flat. Too many turnovers, missed tacles, dropped passes, poor pooor pooooor throws, basic play calling! A total team flop! I guess they thought this game wasn't important enough. I guess they are more concentrated on the BIG EAST schedule. This game could have done wonders for the program, but I guess it wasn't to be. I sure hope that with this week off, Leavit and co. regroup and get the sheeat back together. If not, we are in for a long one.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

Denson doesn't do any better! Our QB problems are NOT solved, our recievers are not concentrating, and our attitude sucked tonight! Where was the team that beat Louisville? Were they abducted by aliens? This team looked worse than last years team tonight. Miami was beatable, but they did not have the heart tonight. We were flat, flat, flat. Too many turnovers, missed tacles, dropped passes, poor pooor pooooor throws, basic play calling! A total team flop! I guess they thought this game wasn't important enough. I guess they are more concentrated on the BIG EAST schedule. This game could have done wonders for the program, but I guess it wasn't to be. I sure hope that with this week off, Leavit and co. regroup and get the sheeat back together. If not, we are in for a long one.

in the UL game we were not as good as we thought

(i have looked at that game 5 times)

in the UM game we are not as bad as we think.

oline solid for the most part against a superior defense that we will not see the rest of the year.

the defense was solid when not starting inside their 20 even then they had 2 goal line stands that was impressive one held for a field goal the other took 4 tries to get the TD, they got to the QB and did not give up many bombs.

from midway through the 2nd quarter when we did not have terrible field position we did ok

make no mistake UM had the better athletes, and they beat us, but we helped them quite a bit

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  58

I think we just need some perspective. This after all was Miami. I think we played pretty well, we just arnt at the top ten level yet. There is a reason that they are ranked 9. Against the rest of the Big East schedule, I think we have a pretty good chance. Keep in mind a ranked UF and Purdue just got blown out tonight. Past are the day we get blown out by the likes of Sothern Miss and Menphis. Again I like our chances in the Big East. We just need a few more years of BCS recruiting.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  226

What happened to Denson after he took down Meriwether? (sp).  His passes looked alot more accurate and he seemed more comfortable behind center.  PJ needs to calm down in the big games.  His pass game is still very irratic when he is playing under pressure.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  58

What did happen to Denson? I thought that he played a little better than Julmiste tonight. I would have liked to see him have more reps. If nothing else, he needs the experiance. He could be a great weapon in a tight game, nothing better than a QB that can get some yards running. I did like seeing Gachette get the interception, seems he has made the adjustment from offense to defense.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

Where was the team that beat Louisville? Were they abducted by aliens? This team looked worse than last years team tonight. Miami was beatable, but they did not have the heart tonight. We were flat, flat, flat. Too many turnovers, missed tacles, dropped passes, poor pooor pooooor throws, basic play calling! A total team flop! I guess they thought this game wasn't important enough. I guess they are more concentrated on the BIG EAST schedule. This game could have done wonders for the program, but I guess it wasn't to be. I sure hope that with this week off, Leavit and co. regroup and get the sheeat back together. If not, we are in for a long one.

Coming off the biggest win in school history, it's hard to maintain that level of emotional high. Sounds like they were just ripe for a letdown and Miami wasn't the ideal game for us this week.

If you had told me at the beginning of the year that we would have 2 losses at this stage, that would have sounded pretty good. It's onward and upward from here.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307

PJ seems like the kind of QB who doesn't handle adversity well. That start was Penn State-esque, USF was down 17-0 before they knew what hit them. I'm also sure USF didn't have too many passes in their gameplan and had to start calling them when they fell behind so quickly.