• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls in the Pros - Jordan Omogbehin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

You must have a short memory!

From what I gathered he had a cup of coffee on a bad team...I only remember what’s worth remembering...who are you again???

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

There is not a whole lot to remember. He played in 43 games and scored just 23 career points in his career, which included one season at Morgan State. He couldn't even get on the court at Morgan State which is in arguably the weakest conference in college basketball. When Omogbehin signed with USF my first thought was "Fire Stan Heath right effing now."

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

25 minutes ago, Basketball Jones said:

There is not a whole lot to remember. He played in 43 games and scored just 23 career points in his career, which included one season at Morgan State. He couldn't even get on the court at Morgan State which is in arguably the weakest conference in college basketball. When Omogbehin signed with USF my first thought was "Fire Stan Heath right effing now."

He only scored one more FG in his career at USF  than I did and I was never on the team.  He looked the part however he had huge heavy feet, looked like he was playing in snow shoes.  

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

He only scored one more FG in his career at USF  than I did and I was never on the team.  He looked the part however he had huge heavy feet, looked like he was playing in snow shoes.  

He never looked the part to me.

All I saw was an enormous guy who was probably told that basketball was his ticket to a free college education and that he would get scholarship offers because "you can't teach 7'3."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

He only scored one more FG in his career at USF  than I did and I was never on the team.

Actually he scored 9 more FG's in his career here than you, one of those was in the 2013-14 season ..... but it was the only one he attempted that year ..... obviously under utilized.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

This reminds me of a story. 

When I was a undergrad at USF for 3 years, our MBB had bad, good, and bad records. (the good was the NIT elite 8  run of 94-95). Coming off that good season I was excited for basketball and was following the recruiting news in the Oracle and got excited to read that we signed the "biggest" recruit in the history of USF basketball, Rich Stephens (I might have his name wrong, google didn't help me). 

Rich wasn't ready to play at the C-USA level as a Freshman, so Coach Paschal decided to redshirt him. 

For those of you older folks will remember, that after a series of injuries, players getting kicked off the team and players quitting when USF landed at the first ever C-USA tournament we had 6 players plus big Rich. The immortal question was, if 2 players fouled out, would coach put Rich in the game and burn his redshirt or play with 4. USF beat UAB in the first round, meaning we played the last 2 games of that season with only 6 players. Coach never had to make the decision and Rich's redshirt was saved. 

A few weeks later, Coach Paschal stepped down, Coach Greenberg was hired, and Rich was told that Coach would help him find a new school where he could play, so he transferred. That was the story of the biggest recruit (to date) in USF MBB history. 

Notes: legend has it Pat Lawrence quit the team at the airport on the way to the conference tournament because he felt disrespected on Senior Day. Legendary NCAA MBB Coach Gene Bartow (and father of Murry Bartow) had his glorious career end with back to back loses to USF when USF had only 7 and then 6 active players (his last two games were Senior Night at USF, and then first round of the first ever C-USA tournament). 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

16 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

There is not a whole lot to remember. He played in 43 games and scored just 23 career points in his career, which included one season at Morgan State. He couldn’t even get on the court at Morgan State which is in arguably the weakest conference in college basketball. When Omogbehin signed with USF my first thought was "Fire Stan Heath right effing now."

Where do you get your stats from?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/57146/jordan-omogbehin

https://morganstatebears.com/cumestats.aspx?path=mbball&year=2014

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497

18 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

From what I gathered he had a cup of coffee on a bad team...I only remember what’s worth remembering...who are you again???

LOL

18 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

That went right over your head!😃

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

19 hours ago, Triple B said:

Actually he scored 9 more FG's in his career here than you, one of those was in the 2013-14 season ..... but it was the only one he attempted that year ..... obviously under utilized.

Good point, however he was not exactly money from the line, ending his ISF career at only 8.3% from the line, but the one Free throw that he did make was nothing but net (and plenty of rim and backboard too)

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716

33 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Good point, however he was not exactly money from the line, ending his ISF career at only 8.3% from the line, but the one Free throw that he did make was nothing but net (and plenty of rim and backboard too)

That free throw was on the front end of two. I remember this well because he made the shot and started running up the court to defend forgetting he had another shot to take.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1