• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Re watched the GT game last night

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I could see the opposite of last year happening (though not six losses)...rough start but a pick up inthe end. 

I don’t as much, early conf schedule is soft, UW and GA Tech are not world beaters and are vulnerable.  I realize a new offense will experience growing pains however could catch either UW or Tech off guard and by the time they really begin to click the schedule toughens.  I don’t know what to expect but I feel a lot better going into this season than last, we don’t have as many glaring holes with the exception of our O line, that should get some relief with a spread quick hit  approach where they will not be required to hold their blocks as long as the predictable play calling by Gilbert.  And with more depth and experience they may not be as bad as we think.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

This is going to be a very tough game in week 2, I called it a loss in my season prediction and as of today , I will stand by that.  Geoff Collins is a good coach and will have the team ready for week 2.  We will be on a seven game losing streak at that point, but the positive is we will have one extra day to prepare for this game.  This game should be a close one, much closer than the Wisconsin game the week before.  Charlie better have this team focused and prepared or its going to be a long hot afternoon for our boys in Atlanta.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I don’t as much, early conf schedule is soft, UW and GA Tech are not world beaters and are vulnerable.  I realize a new offense will experience growing pains however could catch either UW or Tech off guard and by the time they really begin to click the schedule toughens.  I don’t know what to expect but I feel a lot better going into this season than last, we don’t have as many glaring holes with the exception of our O line, that should get some relief with a spread quick hit  approach where they will not be required to hold their blocks as long as the predictable play calling by Gilbert.  And with more depth and experience they may not be as bad as we think.  

My thinking on this is that the offense will be picking up more if the offense as the season rolls on. Word on the street is that we only have about 50% of the playbook learned and that is shaky due to low reps. I know the competition gets better but there is something to be said about the team jelling. Regardless, I think we do go 2-2 down the stretch. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

I realize what USF can use and how effective they will be early on will be reduced, just hoping they keep it simplified to a certain extent and execute those plays well, even though it will be a limited playbook, still probably more creative and new to UW and Ga Tech than anything Sterling had.   I may be a$$ backwards but I like our chances more against UW at home  than Tech on the road.  They get 2 extra days to prepare for us vs our 1 extra day that we have and they will be well coached with some film, just hoping they don’t have the personnel.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Both games will be a challenge but atleast Gtech is getting away from the option that works in our favor.

The power run teams we struggle against so unless our offense is clicking on all cylinders in game one I think we have a better shot vs Gtech  

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, USFRaider said:

This is going to be a very tough game in week 2, I called it a loss in my season prediction and as of today , I will stand by that.  Geoff Collins is a good coach and will have the team ready for week 2.  We will be on a seven game losing streak at that point, but the positive is we will have one extra day to prepare for this game.  This game should be a close one, much closer than the Wisconsin game the week before.  Charlie better have this team focused and prepared or its going to be a long hot afternoon for our boys in Atlanta.

This idea that Geoff Collins is a better coach than CCS is silly.

Strong was a better D-coordinator and that's not arguable. 

Strong is a way more accomplished head coach and head to head they are 1-1. The 1st time we blew Temple out 43-7 and they could barely move the ball. This was coming off a year in which they neat maybe our greatest team in 2016 with Rhuleas Head coach.

In 2018 we were leading 17-0 at half time. They can back and beat us 27-17 . To do that we have up a punt return for a td. Threw 2 picks anf fumbled a punt. We outgained them in most statistical categories. 

With that being said Tech could very well beat us next year but you have nothing to base that on. They are changing systems from a freaking option system they have run for the past 5 yrs at least. Add to that we beat them just last year. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  0

I think we Beat both Whisky and GT.  The only reason I feel good about Whisky is we have a had great success beating better teams then us early in the season.  Are talent can match theirs with first line players and we won't be beat up.   Plus Whisky will overlook us.  We are just as talented and as deep as GT and they have to make much more changes on offense then we do.    This is going to be a CJL type of year.  we will lose to BYU and Cinci but beat UCiF this year. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, goingbackbull said:

I think we Beat both Whisky and GT.  The only reason I feel good about Whisky is we have a had great success beating better teams then us early in the season.  Are talent can match theirs with first line players and we won't be beat up.   Plus Whisky will overlook us.  We are just as talented and as deep as GT and they have to make much more changes on offense then we do.    This is going to be a CJL type of year.  we will lose to BYU and Cinci but beat UCiF this year. 

Man, we beat both out of the gate that would be something. 

• Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, Nick Jefferson said:

This idea that Geoff Collins is a better coach than CCS is silly.

Strong was a better D-coordinator and that's not arguable. 

Strong is a way more accomplished head coach and head to head they are 1-1. The 1st time we blew Temple out 43-7 and they could barely move the ball. This was coming off a year in which they neat maybe our greatest team in 2016 with Rhuleas Head coach.

In 2018 we were leading 17-0 at half time. They can back and beat us 27-17 . To do that we have up a punt return for a td. Threw 2 picks anf fumbled a punt. We outgained them in most statistical categories. 

With that being said Tech could very well beat us next year but you have nothing to base that on. They are changing systems from a freaking option system they have run for the past 5 yrs at least. Add to that we beat them just last year. 

I never said he was a better coach, I said he was a good coach.  And he does have a one game winning streak against Charlie Strong.  I am willing to bet that Collins prepares his team for each and every game, something that Strong himself said he did not do for USF last season.  Will Strong be a good enough coach to pull this team out of the seven game losing streak it will be coming into Atlanta with?  Color me skeptical.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, goingbackbull said:

We're a long time removed from beating "better teams" than us. xCWT surely didn't do it and I haven't seen it yet from CCS.

• Upvote 4