• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This man is a danger

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I’ll still hold to my guns on this. There was evidence that as early as the late 1960s students (albeit commuters or otherwise) wanted football on campus. Even if it was at a lower level than now it could have grown as the university grew. Further, it could have caused even more growth as the program moved up in levels. Most certainly a greater sense of community could have taken place and this could have caused more donations then and now. 

Or we could have folded like a cheap tent in the early 70’s , was not a good time in economic prosperity, the exact opposite.  We have no idea if this guy would have started football where we would be if anywhere.  Until you have eaten a government cheese sandwich and washed it down with powdered milk you don’t get it, you the man NE however let this one go bro.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I’ll still hold to my guns on this. There was evidence that as early as the late 1960s students (albeit commuters or otherwise) wanted football on campus. Even if it was at a lower level than now it could have grown as the university grew. Further, it could have caused even more growth as the program moved up in levels. Most certainly a greater sense of community could have taken place and this could have caused more donations then and now. 

I do kind of agree, which is why I added the "maybe". That's exactly how the assklowns up northeast did it ..... thing is, we'll never know. Could have gone the Kanigit way, although I think it would have been tougher as we became a major sports area, as opposed to Orlando, but maybe having grabbed a toehold early could have weathered it to continue grow as a program ..... or could have gone the way Frisco described with the government cheese/powdered milk theory. Whatever the **** that meant ...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

34 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Or we could have folded like a cheap tent in the early 70’s , was not a good time in economic prosperity, the exact opposite.  We have no idea if this guy would have started football where we would be if anywhere.  Until you have eaten a government cheese sandwich and washed it down with powdered milk you don’t get it, you the man NE however let this one go bro.

Universities still spend $...even when the economy is terrible. Also, the south and football is greater than any economic issue...even then. Last, and what I am advocating, the administration and president did not realize that football could have been an investment that could have lead to growth and recognition. 

Of course at the end of the day your position is just as viable to have happened...I guess I am still pissed we are being left behind by lesser programs in the P5 and the only reason they are P5 is because they have an older university/football program...but at the end of the day what can you do...

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I do kind of agree, which is why I added the "maybe". That's exactly how the assklowns up northeast did it ..... thing is, we'll never know. Could have gone the Kanigit way, although I think it would have been tougher as we became a major sports area, as opposed to Orlando, but maybe having grabbed a toehold early could have weathered it to continue grow as a program ..... or could have gone the way Frisco described with the government cheese/powdered milk theory. Whatever the **** that meant ...

Trips you silver  spooned wise old sob, google govt cheese if you have never ate it, Es no bueno, lean times.  Funny you say ass clowns it was from the movie the office filmed in Dallas and a main actor who played a perverted but was a prominent actor was from Sarasota and graduated from USF around when I did. Unlike Cali I don’t wish you dead

17 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Universities still spend $...even when the economy is terrible. Also, the south and football is greater than any economic issue...even then. Last, and what I am advocating, the administration and president did not realize that football could have been an investment that could have lead to growth and recognition. 

Of course at the end of the day your position is just as viable to have happened...I guess I am still pissed we are being left behind by lesser programs in the P5 and the only reason they are P5 is because they have an older university/football program...but at the end of the day what can you do...

Easy to Monday morning QB for both of us, I had no idea the internet, apps and Amazon would be the future, I wish USF football had started earlier however only if the team was still alive today which is in question.The past is the past, look onward

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Easy to Monday morning QB for both of us, I had no idea the internet, apps and Amazon would be the future, I wish USF football had started earlier however only if the team was still alive today which is in question.The past is the past, look onward

🤘

• Upvote 1