• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This man is a danger

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,972
  • Days Won:  469

Final goodbye P6 and AAC if that were to happen.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

f him, he is a tool and rode the athletes at FSU to make himself relevant however makes a good point, if I had to watch the tide and Clemson again I would pass, expand the playoffs and hope for an upset, the more teams the better the chance we bring home the crystal or at least get a chance to battle for it.

Everyone agrees with expanding the playoffs, but in his scenario, the "P6" and the rest will be on life support and likely less competitive.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The only way I care is if one G5 school is included in the playoff. Otherwise it’s all trash in my eyes. 2/3 of the pee 5 are a friggin joke. It makes me upset we did not start football in the early 1960s...we would more than likely be in the ACC. 

Consider being “lucky” to play one P5 in course of season.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The only way I care is if one G5 school is included in the playoff. Otherwise it’s all trash in my eyes. 2/3 of the pee 5 are a friggin joke. It makes me upset we did not start football in the early 1960s...we would more than likely be in the ACC. 

Let's blame Judy and Doug for that too.  I wasn't a Floridian then but didn't this have to do with our first president and the people that approved USF's formation not wanting USF to have football to compete with UF?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

48 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Let's blame Judy and Doug for that too.  I wasn't a Floridian then but didn't this have to do with our first president and the people that approved USF's formation not wanting USF to have football to compete with UF?

The original charter says nothing about USF and sports. It was a decision by president John Allen. He hated sports. His idea was to make USF the Harvard of the south. He was a liberal arts kind of guy as he had zero understanding of the PR value athletics brings. Allen is no longer on this earth but my hatred over his ideology is still present in full force. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,455
  • Days Won:  19

38 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The original charter says nothing about USF and sports. It was a decision by president John Allen. He hated sports. His idea was to make USF the Harvard of the south. He was a liberal arts kind of guy as he had zero understanding of the PR value athletics brings. Allen is no longer on this earth but my hatred over his ideology is still present in full force. 

Not disagreeing with you, but worth noting that the USF Allen presided over was very different from the USF of today and the world of college athletics was far different than it is today. It would have been nice to have football earlier, but I'm also not certain that a USF commuter school of the 1980's and early 1990's starting football would have been successful. Sure a 5-15 year head start would have been nice, but it also might have failed too, and we might not be happy with where we are today in that scenario. 

I guess part of what I am saying is that we had the must successful launch of a college football program ever, the key now is building on what we have and not wishing for a different history. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

12 hours ago, Brad said:

IMHO, if this were to happen, the anti-trust lawsuits would be filed the next day.

Edit:  His proposal does allow for one G5 game each season.

Edited by Apis Bull

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

No one cares, Danny. That’s why espn cut your ass loose. Shut up. If I were on twitter that’s what I would tell him.