Jump to content

Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Brad Brad

Hi Guest,

In our efforts to raise funds for USF Football, the site is giving away a football season full of ad-free surfing at The Bulls Pen.

Would you consider buying a ticket or two to the raffle that will award this to you or a fellow member of the board?

Each ticket purchase goes directly to our effort to raise $10K in "fan money" for the program.  Below is the link:

The Bulls Pen Ad-free Raffle in support of USF Football

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

    Join today and reduce ads presented

  • Members do not see this ad, Register today
NewEnglandBull

This USF Offense is Going to be Outstanding

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, IBulleve said:

If we are rotating guys in up front, that’s a bad sign. You don’t rotate guys on OL to keep them fresh. That’s not how it works

Um.....so each starter for the oline plays the ENTIRE game? Players get TIRED and that is why you have subs.  Especially 300Ib players. I never said anything about rotating players every other down. But it's good to have fresh players available that can go in and contribute on a high level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gatorbull325 said:

Um.....so each starter for the oline plays the ENTIRE game? Players get TIRED and that is why you have subs.  Especially 300Ib players. I never said anything about rotating players every other down. But it's good to have fresh players available that can go in and contribute on a high level. 

For other positions yes, for offensive line, that's not how it works....  If the game is in reach and the starting unit is doing their job you keep them in.  Now if the game is out of reach then you sub away but you do not just sub all willy nilly up front if your guys are doing a good job.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bull Dozer said:

For other positions yes, for offensive line, that's not how it works....  If the game is in reach and the starting unit is doing their job you keep them in.  Now if the game is out of reach then you sub away but you do not just sub all willy nilly up front if your guys are doing a good job.  

In the end, players will get tired...players will get injured......you will never play the same 5 the entire game. ONCE AGAIN,.....I NEVER said anything about ROTATING players, but there will be players getting tired and there will be players who get injured. So yes, you will use subs in a game period. I simply like having good players that can go in, if another player is TIRED or INJURED. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

In the end, players will get tired...players will get injured......you will never play the same 5 the entire game. ONCE AGAIN,.....I NEVER said anything about ROTATING players, but there will be players getting tired and there will be players who get injured. So yes, you will use subs in a game period. I simply like having good players that can go in, if another player is TIRED or INJURED. 

O line does not tap out, only come out when injured or coach yanks them.  O line needs cohesiveness and consistency and will normally play the entire game does not perform as much running and exert as much energy as a defense, WR and RB.  I like depth as much as the next guy however Dozer is right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

O line does not tap out, only come out when injured or coach yanks them.  O line needs cohesiveness and consistency and will normally play the entire game does not perform as much running and exert as much energy as a defense, WR and RB.  I like depth as much as the next guy however Dozer is right. 

Well I did say INJURED, but that seems to go over everybody's head. Either way if somebody has to sub in for WHATEVER reason, then I'm happy with the depth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Um.....so each starter for the oline plays the ENTIRE game? Players get TIRED and that is why you have subs.  Especially 300Ib players. I never said anything about rotating players every other down. But it's good to have fresh players available that can go in and contribute on a high level. 

No, you don’t rotate OL like you do guys on the DL. The starting 5 is meant to play the entire game (outside of injuries, poor performance, etc.) 

OL is a heck of a lot less tiring than DL, no matter the tempo. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2019 at 11:39 AM, Bull Dozer said:

Scroll through the last couple pages.....   

Ok, just making sure lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only time you see an offensive line change is due to injury or a guy is playing terrible. It is rare they just rotate lineman on the offensive side of the ball to keep them fresh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:37 AM, NewEnglandBull said:

This offense will go as the offensive line goes...

I watched video of Valdosta St. vs. Ferris State, and a lot of the passing plays in Kerwin's playbook took time to develop, and is why the OL, which sucked last year, is especially a concern. I'm sure he has other things in the playbook to compensate for a potentially bad OL though, and I'm getting the feeling that we'll be fine there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I watched video of Valdosta St. vs. Ferris State, and a lot of the passing plays in Kerwin's playbook took time to develop, and is why the OL, which sucked last year, is especially a concern. I'm sure he has other things in the playbook to compensate for a potentially bad OL though, and I'm getting the feeling that we'll be fine there. 

We'll find out in 39 days! :GoBulls:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Members do not see this ad, Register today


×
×
  • Create New...