• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This USF Offense is Going to be Outstanding

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Agreed and we remember CWT trying to run a new offense that does not match the personnel, it went over like a turd in the punch bowl.  I can tell the season is close, I have already convinced myself that they will win every game. 

What the hell...I am making hotel reservations in Dallas now for the Cotton Bowl...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

This USF Offense is Going to be Outstanding”

I know,  Gilbert left for Louisiana!

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715

HB dive will be missed. Now we will have to watch every first down play.....no more getting back late.....from a beer run.🍺😍

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273

I watched a replay of the Valdosta State championship game and the offense was all over the place...ONCE they start clicking it will be very difficult to stop...that is the question though...the big question is how long is the once?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I already know Bell is an upgrade.  The biggest news is Sawtelle and Horne are on track for early season playing time. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

11 hours ago, bullsonparade said:

I watched a replay of the Valdosta State championship game and the offense was all over the place...ONCE they start clicking it will be very difficult to stop...that is the question though...the big question is how long is the once?

While it may take awhile for the entire offense to start to function, I would say with the amount of athleticism we have, especially at the WR and RB positions, we will be able to mask some of the early deficiencies and the inevitable learning curve that will come with installing a new offense. I'm sure KB had some good athletes and play-makers on the field at Valdosta State, but I highly doubt many of them possessed the athleticism of a St. Felix/McDoom/Ford/Horne. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

10 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

While it may take awhile for the entire offense to start to function, I would say with the amount of athleticism we have, especially at the WR and RB positions, we will be able to mask some of the early deficiencies and the inevitable learning curve that will come with installing a new offense. I'm sure KB had some good athletes and play-makers on the field at Valdosta State, but I highly doubt many of them possessed the athleticism of a St. Felix/McDoom/Ford/Horne. 

So as the DC do you pull out all of your blitz packages hoping to not give the plays time to develop?

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, BDYZR said:

So as the DC do you pull out all of your blitz packages hoping to not give the plays time to develop?

That's risky, because a jet sweep or quick hitter to the flats could turn from a 5 yard gain into a TD against an ill-timed blitz. If anything, as a DC I would stay at home and force the offense to function at all levels. Keep your guys in position to make a play and force the offense to be efficient, not explosive. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273

22 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Agree 100% I think right off the bat we move the ball pretty efficiently...I think it starts off good and just gets better from there...

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

57 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

That's risky, because a jet sweep or quick hitter to the flats could turn from a 5 yard gain into a TD against an ill-timed blitz. If anything, as a DC I would stay at home and force the offense to function at all levels. Keep your guys in position to make a play and force the offense to be efficient, not explosive. 

Perfect! Now I have a TE and a slot guy that I'm going to force you to cover. I'll even let you choose between man and zone. BTW, I've got a guy outside that's kinda fast...