• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Bowl Games...where do we go?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Any word on if any of the affiliations outside of the Gasparilla bowl have changed for the existing bowls? And what other conference(s) are tied to the 3(?) new bowls?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

24 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

Any word on if any of the affiliations outside of the Gasparilla bowl have changed for the existing bowls? And what other conference(s) are tied to the 3(?) new bowls?

The list above does not start until next year. However, it appears that every year an AAC team will get to play EITHER in Birmingham or Tampa but not both. Both would be against the SEC or ACC. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,831
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Although this might be one for you the seats would suck balls.

image.png.c2a657f389f6e4b08fd1e7674569f672.png

Yes the angles would provide a similar experience as having a mouthful of hairy balls however we could recreate the magic of game 6 in 75, beantown would forget about the Fisk’s walkoff HR after Weiss hits one off the left upright and it bounces over the crossbar as a few thousand freezing fans watch him do a Carlton type dance to coax the ball over the uprights.   USF beats Wake in a thriller that chowder head nation will be talking about for decades to come.  

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Yes the angles would provide a similar experience as having a mouthful of hairy balls however we could recreate the magic of game 6 in 75, beantown would forget about the Fisk’s walkoff HR after Weiss hits one off the left upright and it bounces over the crossbar as a few thousand freezing fans watch him do a Carlton type dance to coax the ball over the uprights.   USF beats Wake in a thriller that chowder head nation will be talking about for decades to come.  

That would be a wicked pissa! Then we can all celebrate with a few from Dunkies and then have a rippa down at Tony Cs....

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That would be a wicked pissa! Then we can all celebrate with a few from Dunkies and then have a rippa down at Tony Cs....

Spent a few years in the Army In Mass before going to USF, they really are the most knowledgeable and arguably the best sports fans in the country, tired of Brady and the Patsies but have got no beef with the fans, good peeps.

7 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Spent a few years in the Army In Mass before going to USF, they really are the most knowledgeable and arguably the best sports fans in the country, tired of Brady and the Patsies but have got no beef with the fans, good peeps.

I am actually an LA Rams fan but “tolerate” the Pats and their fans. The only Boston team I call my own are the Red Sox. I am in Fenway about eight times a year and enjoy the atmosphere in and outside the stadium. But I must admit baseball takes a long backseat once football season starts. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am actually an LA Rams fan but “tolerate” the Pats and their fans. The only Boston team I call my own are the Red Sox. I am in Fenway about eight times a year and enjoy the atmosphere in and outside the stadium. But I must admit baseball takes a long backseat once football season starts. 

I still think Wrigley field is the best atmosphere, grew up a White Sox fan however don’t like Baseball anymore and only go to Cubs games when in town, the festive atmosphere in and around Wrigley is like no other, been to Fenway a few times, great place but still not the same as Wrigley IMO.

11 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I still think Wrigley field is the best atmosphere, grew up a White Sox fan however don’t like Baseball anymore and only go to Cubs games when in town, the festive atmosphere in and around Wrigley is like no other, been to Fenway a few times, great place but still not the same as Wrigley IMO.

I think you are right. Wrigley is much more open and has room to move around. Been to Wrigley three times and one of those was for a college football game. Fenway is quiet cramped and is wedged together in a few places. However, I do like the surrounding area (bars and food) at Fenway much more than Wrigley but that may be because I am just comfortable there. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

11 hours ago, Friscobull said:

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think you are right. Wrigley is much more open and has room to move around. Been to Wrigley three times and one of those was for a college football game. Fenway is quiet cramped and is wedged together in a few places. However, I do like the surrounding area (bars and food) at Fenway much more than Wrigley but that may be because I am just comfortable there. 

Been to both and have to give the nod to Wrigley and area.  

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

21 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Haven't been to Fenway since the opening series in 03, would definitely go back for a bowl game. I have to settle for MLB.tv and maybe a trip to LA when they're in town for my Sox fix. The Last 3 years I've settled for 1 Rams home game a season over hitting a Sox game though... If you were somehow also a Clippers fan I'd be worried you were copying my sports teams lol.

As far as Bowls I'd want USF in I'm selfishly pulling for New Mexico or a week in Hawaii though. Unless we can get an at large in Vegas like Houston did a couple years back.