• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Joey has what you want to know

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Now this could be considered "BREAKING:" news, from the paper this morning:

Two significant Bulls players absent during USF football's season-ending six-game skid in 2018 are set to practice when the team opens preseason camp Aug. 1. Coach Charlie Strong said kick-returner Terrence Horne (knee) and veteran middle linebacker Nico Sawtelle (neck/ shoulder) are good to go. Horne suffered a torn ACL in September. Sawtelle missed the last seven games. 'Sawtelle could've gone through spring (practice), and I didn't do it because I wanted him to heal up more and give us a chance to look at some of the younger players,' Strong said. 'Horne, it's all mental for him. Any time you have an injury like that, you've got to take a lick. I think when he takes his first lick, his whole mind will change.' Horne tied an NCAA record by returning two kickoffs for touchdowns (98 and 97 yards) in a 49-38 victory against Georgia Tech on Sept. 8. He suffered his injury during practice days before the Sept. 22 home game against East Carolina. Strong also said a chance remains that former North Carolina cornerback KJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Now this could be considered "BREAKING:" news, from the paper this morning:

Two significant Bulls players absent during USF football's season-ending six-game skid in 2018 are set to practice when the team opens preseason camp Aug. 1. Coach Charlie Strong said kick-returner Terrence Horne (knee) and veteran middle linebacker Nico Sawtelle (neck/ shoulder) are good to go. Horne suffered a torn ACL in September. Sawtelle missed the last seven games. 'Sawtelle could've gone through spring (practice), and I didn't do it because I wanted him to heal up more and give us a chance to look at some of the younger players,' Strong said. 'Horne, it's all mental for him. Any time you have an injury like that, you've got to take a lick. I think when he takes his first lick, his whole mind will change.' Horne tied an NCAA record by returning two kickoffs for touchdowns (98 and 97 yards) in a 49-38 victory against Georgia Tech on Sept. 8. He suffered his injury during practice days before the Sept. 22 home game against East Carolina. Strong also said a chance remains that former North Carolina cornerback KJ

This is big time news. Even if they ease Horne in week 1 (limited to kickoffs & spot WR snaps maybe?) he provides the explosive play ability that we will need against Wisconsin. I would love to see a sub package with - 

St. Felix

(Slot) Ford 

(Slot) McDoom 

Horne 

That’s a ton of speed on the field that would will provide a numbers advantage in the run game more often than not 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

17 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

This is big time news. Even if they ease Horne in week 1 (limited to kickoffs & spot WR snaps maybe?) he provides the explosive play ability that we will need against Wisconsin. I would love to see a sub package with - 

St. Felix

(Slot) Ford 

(Slot) McDoom 

Horne 

That’s a ton of speed on the field that would will provide a numbers advantage in the run game more often than not 

With the speed we have at WR why not just save him for returns?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If the 1st game was a cupcake I would be all for Horne returning to get his feet wet. We are asking a lot of the young man for his 1st full go to be against Wisconsin 

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, DELdaBull said:

If the 1st game was a cupcake I would be all for Horne returning to get his feet wet. We are asking a lot of the young man for his 1st full go to be against Wisconsin 

Throw him right into the fire baby.....if he is ready to go, he is ready to go!

We need all hands on deck to beat Whisky.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Do guys come back from that operation with the same speed?  I have no idea.

From what I can find his straight ahead speed will be ok. It's the lateral moves that he'll probably be a little more tentative of.

I think that so long as he doesn't get piled up he should be fine, physically.

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

With the speed we have at WR why not just save him for returns?

No one on the roster has the amount of game breaking speed as Horne. Only McDoom is really close. Outside of McDoom and RSF, our other outside WRs aren’t necessarily burners. Clearveaux, Roland, and Phillips are all avg or slightly above avg in terms of speed. We have some guys with quickness, but not straight burners like we have had in the past. 

Even if he’s mostly a decoy to keep the defense in a 2 safety look he’s impacting the game positively. 

Edited by IBulleve
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

8 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

No one on the roster has the amount of game breaking speed as Horne. Only McDoom is really close. Outside of McDoom and RSF, our other outside WRs aren’t necessarily burners. Clearveaux, Roland, and Phillips are all avg or slightly above avg in terms of speed. We have some guys with quickness, but not straight burners like we have had in the past. 

Even if he’s mostly a decoy to keep the defense in a 2 safety look he’s impacting the game positively. 

We have a freshman name Kelly Joiner coming in this summer. He may be as fast or close. 

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We have a freshman name Kelly Joiner coming in this summer. He may be as fast or close. 

Sure, but he’s coming off a broken leg and making a position change. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t redshirt. 

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

19 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Sure, but he’s coming off a broken leg and making a position change. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t redshirt. 

Running back to WR is not that hard of a position change, plus, I've been following his rehab and he seems to be back up to speed. If he is 100%, it may be hard to keep him off the field. but I'm cool with him redshirting.