• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Block Party 2019

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Just getting this out there, the Bulls Block Party returns August 17, 2019.

Saturday, August 17, 2019
1:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Ybor City - Italian Club

bbp.jpg

Get ready to join fellow USF alumni & friends as we color Tampa’s Ybor City green and gold at one of the largest and most heralded USF alumni events in Florida! We’re excited to announce that the 4th Annual Bulls Block Party will be held Saturday, Aug. 17, 2019. Last year over 1,000 USF Bulls attended this event and raised over $25,000. With your help we can make this year even bigger and better.

This event features access to special guest speakers, FREE giveaways, and entry to participating locations offering food and drink specials. Money raised goes to support the USF Alumni Association Greater Tampa Area Chapter, USF Athletics, and scholarship endowments.

As you may remember, The Bulls Pen was one of the bar sponsors in 2018.  

IMG_0311.jpeg

Gallery:  https://www.thebullspen.com/gallery/category/239-3rd-annual-bulls-block-party/

We did a fundraising here to help pay the $1000 bar sponsor fee for last year.  Would like to consider that again.  I know we probably have fundraising fatigue with the IPF effort, but I'll ask you think about it.  Last year, in the few weeks following, we added a number of new members:

image.png

This continues to be a growth event, getting bigger every year.  The folks that went reported great times and some TBPers got to meet up.

If we swing this, I would also ask for a couple volunteers to set up the TBP swag like last year.  it was a pretty successful event from what I could tell.  

Anyone else have any thoughts on it?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Just getting this out there, the Bulls Block Party returns August 17, 2019.

As you may remember, The Bulls Pen was one of the bar sponsors in 2018.  

IMG_0311.jpeg

Gallery:  https://www.thebullspen.com/gallery/category/239-3rd-annual-bulls-block-party/

We did a fundraising here to help pay the $1000 bar sponsor fee for last year.  Would like to consider that again.  I know we probably have fundraising fatigue with the IPF effort, but I'll ask you think about it.  Last year, in the few weeks following, we added a number of new members:

image.png

This continues to be a growth event, getting bigger every year.  The folks that went reported great times and some TBPers got to meet up.

If we swing this, I would also ask for a couple volunteers to set up the TBP swag like last year.  it was a pretty successful event from what I could tell.  

Anyone else have any thoughts on it?

I think we have to continue to grow the brand. I also wish the bullspen polos would finally get off the ground but not enough that I carry the torch on the project, I just want to buy one once someone else does the leg work.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I’m still 100% committed to us sponsoring the bullpens at baseball games. “Mohl heading to the mound and it looks like he’s making the call to ‘thebullspen.com’”

Can I give $1-$3 for that?

• Haha 1

When are we starting the fund?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

When are we starting the fund?

Can I just declare I’m starting it and email USF with whatever number I get by 2020?

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Can I just declare I’m starting it and email USF with whatever number I get by 2020?

If Brad opens up the board funding or you start a gofundme but more immediately I am concerned about donating to the bullspen sponsorship as it’s more immediate, I think it opens us up to a greater audience that is probably less involved in daily USF fandom than ones that would go to a USF baseball game and that the baseball people that aren’t already on the Bullspen or are too old to use a computer or have a higher likelihood of being dead before the campaign kicks off.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, puc86 said:

I think we have to continue to grow the brand. I also wish the bullspen polos would finally get off the ground but not enough that I carry the torch on the project, I just want to buy one once someone else does the leg work.

Was quoting the first post necessary lol?

5 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Was quoting the first post necessary lol?

None of this is necessary 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

FYI it's $1500 this year. 

This would never have happened with Harlan...