Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.  

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
Brad

ESPN says Wisconsin a .500 team

5 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine

Shouldnt be surprised. One of our notorious board "Negative Nancys".

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

If there is one thing I have learned from USF football over the years is to never bet on or count on the Bulls to do anything.

That is BS, in 2016 I laid 14 against NIU in my biggest play of my life, offense was on fire, slow northern team I was familiar with. Covered it easily and up 28-0 in 1Q, easy money.  UW is no NIU and no idea what this team will do against them but as close as we follow this team, there are value plays on each side, just need to know when to pull the trigger and when you do, go big or go home.

I used to think this would be  a typical loss to a Wisc caliber team.

I am now thinking  the  Bulls new offense  and speed give them fits without the benefit of video for the new system. Wisc is also breaking in a new QB. 

It will all depend on any improvement to the defense but I think this will be an old school USF close win to a “name” school. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SpikeBull said:

I am now thinking  the  Bulls new offense  and speed give them fits without the benefit of video for the new system. Wisc is also breaking in a new QB. 

It will all depend on any improvement to the defense but I think this will be an old school USF close win to a “name” school. 

Im leaning this way as well.  

But still hard to get a really good readvon this game with all the changes from the off season....still think iys pretty much 50/50 either way.

9 hours ago, SpikeBull said:

Stop the run and make the new QB beat you is how we win.  No matter how explosive our offense is they can't score if they aren't on the field.  See the 2016 Temple game.....  Also, an explosive offense actually plays into the hands of a ball control offense a bit when the power run/ball control is clicking.  The ball control offense also magnifies any turnovers by the explosive offense because the game is shortened due to the TOP disparity.   It's pretty simple we stop the run and this game is winnable, unless this new QB is the second coming of Russel Wilson.  

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

I'm not sure how exactly ESPN's FPI is calculated prior to the season actually starting. My guess is that soem projections are made based upon returning talent. With Wisconsin's situation at QB being uncertain, I'm sure that factors into their 6-6 projection. Additionally, with our defensive question marks, last year's slide, and a new OC, I imagine that factors into our pre-season FPI as well.