Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.  

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
BulledOver

GO UNIVERSITY OF "SOUTHERN" FLORIDA

And didn't we beat North Carolina in between?

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Gotta tell you..beating FSU, Clemson, Notre Dame, Miami, GT  didn't feel painful at all. Just fun as hell to beat the bigs some on their home turf. Of course they were all in their down years ( cough bull ****) that's the excuse. A win is a win is a win....We just gotta learn to aim and fly high but not crash and burn in the same season

Funny that three of the wins you named were Skip's. I've noticed that none of the wins mentioned by anybody belonged to Taggart. He did a good job of turning things around here, but wasn't able to get over the hump against the likes of FSU, Wisconsin, etc. When it comes to accomplishments though....not just individual games....I believe Willie was the first to have double digit wins in a season.

2 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Winning that game at Auburn really was the first huge win that put us on the map.

I rank that at the top.....certainly WVU win was huge but i rank Auburn a little bit ahead beause it put us in the limelight for really the first time.

We beat a #7 WVU team in 2006 as well

Edited by USFBulls727

5 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I'm curious what people's answer to this would be.....the program's greatest accomplishment(s), and where an AAC championship in 2019 would rank on that list?

All of the 2002 season, @florida state, @auburn, all the WVU wins, the Amarri Jackson game against Louisville, the first win against Pitt, all of our Louisville wins, the win against Clemson, the win against Miami, the win at Notre Dame, every win against a P5 school, every win against Cincinnati, every win against UConn, every loss against a P5 school, AAC Championship.

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

All of the 2002 season, @florida state, @auburn, all the WVU wins, the Amarri Jackson game against Louisville, the first win against Pitt, all of our Louisville wins, the win against Clemson, the win against Miami, the win at Notre Dame, every win against a P5 school, every win against Cincinnati, every win against UConn, every loss against a P5 school, AAC Championship.

...and the hardware we collected from those wins look awesome in our trophy case...albeit just a little invisible. 

30 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

...and the hardware we collected from those wins look awesome in our trophy case...albeit just a little invisible. 

Well we did try to buy a trophy for 2002 but     that went awry. Does anyone here honestly value their peewee trophies over making the varsity team no matter what the records were? Do people put their HS honors on anything when they graduate from college even if they barely do? If you graduate from grads school is that that not a bigger honor than your bachelors with the highest honors? I’m sure if you are home schooled you can be the prom king, valedictorian and class President but that’s not as impressive as if you go to a school of 3k and manage any of those things or even stay competitive in them. Maybe some of us like to go to Chuck E. Cheese and be the champion of the 10 year olds at the basketball shooting game but for others competition matters and it’s better to fail against the best than it is to be champion of the worst.

14 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Who says winning the AAC would be a pivotal, defining moment for our program? I don’t hear anyone saying that. I’ll tell you, there will be very little lasting glory to winning the CBI, but I sure enjoyed the run. It was a long way from the Final Four, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t enjoyable or significant in its own way for our program. The same would go for winning the AAC in football. Pivotal or defining? No. Enjoyable and meaningful in a way for our program. Yep. Don’t discount the value of it so easily. You talk like we’re some decades-old program. We’re still a young and developing program in a lot of ways. We got spoiled by our early success. We weren’t the norm. We were the exception.  Of course, you’ll now explain how wrong I am and how we’re destined to minor-league purgatory forever. Maybe, but I’d bet not. Just enjoy today a little and don’t worry so much about yesterday or tomorrow.

When people suggest that nothing we have accomplished has mattered at all but that winning the elusive AAC championship will they are most certainly suggesting that this will be the seminal event of our program ignoring the creation of the program, moving up to FBS, beating the brakes off of every C-USA team as they delayed our entry, getting into C-USA, the move to the BEAST, the wins against the Big 3, the move to number 2 and the countless other accomplishments that were all far more important that an AAC championship win on ESPN the ocho at 3 am with 15k fans in the stands can ever dream of being. The videos of our important events speak for themselves and there are more people at them and a greater sense of electricity than if you combined probably every single AAC championship ever (i am just assuming this part because full disclosure I have never seen even a highlight of an AAC championship game much less the game itself). The only parts I think you are wrong about is that you think no one is arguing that this isn't the biggest deal ever (cough @NewEnglandBull) and that we aren't a decades old program (technically two is plural). If we win every game I will be on cloud nine. If we win every game in the AAC, lose to Wisconsin and or Gtech but make the NY6 game I will be happy about having made the NY6 game and getting to play a team I assume will have brand equity, however if we win the AAC, lose to Wisconsin and Gtech and do not make a NY6 game I wish I was joking but I will have considered the season a waste and would give zero violation about a trophy that has me watching us play in the Bad Boy Mowers bowl (something we can just as easily do at 7-5). 

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Well we did try to buy a trophy for 2002 but     that went awry. Does anyone here honestly value their peewee trophies over making the varsity team no matter what the records were? Do people put their HS honors on anything when they graduate from college even if they barely do? If you graduate from grads school is that that not a bigger honor than your bachelors with the highest honors? I’m sure if you are home schooled you can be the prom king, valedictorian and class President but that’s not as impressive as if you go to a school of 3k and manage any of those things or even stay competitive in them. Maybe some of us like to go to Chuck E. Cheese and be the champion of the 10 year olds at the basketball shooting game but for others competition matters and it’s better to fail against the best than it is to be champion of the worst.

Son, it’s always about the hardware. Winners get it losers don’t. Why do you think Vince Lombardi said winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing. Give me a conference championship or give me a loser...

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

When people suggest that nothing we have accomplished has mattered at all but that winning the elusive AAC championship will they are most certainly suggesting that this will be the seminal event of our program ignoring the creation of the program, moving up to FBS, beating the brakes off of every C-USA team as they delayed our entry, getting into C-USA, the move to the BEAST, the wins against the Big 3, the move to number 2 and the countless other accomplishments that were all far more important that an AAC championship win on ESPN the ocho at 3 am with 15k fans in the stands can ever dream of being. The videos of our important events speak for themselves and there are more people at them and a greater sense of electricity than if you combined probably every single AAC championship ever (i am just assuming this part because full disclosure I have never seen even a highlight of an AAC championship game much less the game itself). The only parts I think you are wrong about is that you think no one is arguing that this isn't the biggest deal ever (cough @NewEnglandBull) and that we aren't a decades old program (technically two is plural). If we win every game I will be on cloud nine. If we win every game in the AAC, lose to Wisconsin and or Gtech but make the NY6 game I will be happy about having made the NY6 game and getting to play a team I assume will have brand equity, however if we win the AAC, lose to Wisconsin and Gtech and do not make a NY6 game I wish I was joking but I will have considered the season a waste and would give zero violation about a trophy that has me watching us play in the Bad Boy Mowers bowl (something we can just as easily do at 7-5). 

It’s the biggest deal that we can play for. Thus, I’ll take that trophy any day over grainy footage from yesteryears....