Site News
  • TBP Ticker

Hi Guest,

In our efforts to raise funds for USF Football, the site is giving away a football season full of ad-free surfing at The Bulls Pen.

Would you consider buying a ticket or two to the raffle that will award this to you or a fellow member of the board?

Each ticket purchase goes directly to our effort to raise $10K in "fan money" for the program.  Below is the link:

The Bulls Pen Ad-free Raffle in support of USF Football

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• October 19, 3:30 p.m., TV: CBSSN  
      1 2 3 4 Total
    Bulls 0 0 0 0 00
    Navy 0 0 0 0 00

Prediction Contest - Game DayRoster - Depth Chart - Game Notes - Stats 

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
Sign in to follow this  
USFBULL_08

2019 College Football Hot Seat Rankings

Posted (edited)

I would rank him at #2.  All good............for now.    If this team goes 7-6 or worse  this year, Michael Kelly will start wondering how the football team would do if he could bring in his own guy.  The fact that he is not Kelly's hire is working against Strong at this point in time.  Big big season coming up for ole Charlie boy.

Edited by USFRaider

I don't really see how he has anything working against him... unless you want to see him fired.  I wouldn't assume that Kelly would not have hired Strong had he been in a position to.

Just now, Calibull said:

I don't really see how he has anything working against him... unless you want to see him fired.  I wouldn't assume that Kelly would not have hired Strong had he been in a position to.

Maybe he would have hired Strong, maybe he would not have, we will never know.  What we do know, and what is undisputed fact is that Strong is NOT Kelly's hire.  Like it or not,  most AD's are judged on the success of the head football coach, it's just how it is.  The rumblings will grow louder if this team underperforms again and is worse than last year, and there will be no more Gilbert or a toxic environment to blame this time around.  The buck stops with Charlie in 2019.

• Upvote 1

Fire Strong? Hogwash...it’s about the $. The real question you should be asking is can the athletic department “afford” to fire him. Maybe...maybe not....

• Upvote 2

I hate all of the praise that Scott Frost gets. He was 4-8 his first year and gets a 0?  Taggart was 5-7 and got a 4. That's some bull krap....no pun intended. Im not saying he needs to get a 4 as well, but geez at least give the man a 2. I mean Temple's coach hasn't even coached a game yet at 0-0 and he started off with a 2. 

8 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I hate all of the praise that Scott Frost gets. He was 4-8 his first year and gets a 0?  Taggart was 5-7 and got a 4. That's some bull krap....no pun intended. Im not saying he needs to get a 4 as well, but geez at least give the man a 2. I mean Temple's coach hasn't even coached a game yet at 0-0 and he started off with a 2. 

Remember, FSU fans expected a big first year from Taggart. Nebraska fans knew Frost was coming in for a rebuild. And it doesn't hurt that Frost was a winning QB who played at Nebraska. Truth be told, I would have put Frost at 1 and Taggart at 5. Taggart needs to win this year. Frost just needs to take a step in the right direction. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

It’s almost as if one of them is a hometown hero, has a team that hasn’t been super competitive in a while and stayed at par while the other one has no obvious connection, coaches a team expected to be in national title contention in most season and lost two more games than the previous season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

It’s almost as if one of them is a hometown hero, has a team that hasn’t been super competitive in a while and stayed at par while the other one has no obvious connection, coaches a team expected to be in national title contention in most season and lost two more games than the previous season.

Scott Frost has the blue collar aura and Taggart is flash. The blue collar aura is going to play much better during a known rebuild than the gimmicks and sayings of Taggart's slick persona will. As you said, Taggart has no political capital with FSU and it's even worse with him leaving a dream job for a dream job. No reason for FSU fans to feel he's into FSU. As a fan I'd have to be skeptical of Taggart given the slick salesman persona and 3 schools in 3 years.

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Fire Strong? Hogwash...it’s about the $. The real question you should be asking is can the athletic department “afford” to fire him. Maybe...maybe not....

I agree.  Our AD has made it abundantly clear an IPF is our biggest need and we don't have the money to fully fund that.  So even thinking about spending more money right now, for something we already have, is a non starter.

Besides Kelly has defended Charlie a bunch, even after the collapse last year.  Charlie's got a while and he probably knows it too (hence a big new house)

• Upvote 1