• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

It's time to go on the record about the state of the program and transfers...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Now that I think of it, that GT win last year did us worlds of good. It didn't matter that we were humiliated by Tulane while UCF went on to win another AAC title, leading to another NY6 bowl. The 5 game losing streak to end the regular season meant nothing, because we beat GT and Illinois, and that's what people will remember. You better believe that the P5 aficionados took notice. We were the toast of the G5 last year.  

Well played sir! I am happy that you are a teammate! 🤘🤘

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

What I want for our program is what got us to 150 wins faster than any other FBS team in Florida, got us from trailers to number #2 in the nation in a decade, had us in a position to compete for a national championship while being in the adult leagues, created countless memories with me and my closest 65k friends as Ray Jay was rocking, people sported USF gear everywhere, the city was beginning to embrace the program, talk was everywhere and the excitement was palpable. There are tangible exciting things from throughout our history and I cant think of one that I would trade for an AAC championship. You think an AAC championship gets us somewhere beyond where we currently are? I kindly ask how many teams in a P5 conference have an AAC championship to their name?  The problem is being in the AAC and there are no amount of AAC wins that changes that problem. I do not think anyone is trolling me when they say they think the AAC championship will be great, people need to believe that there is something they can control that will make a difference in their lives. I am also not trolling when I state that I do not think it will make a difference and there is no no games in the AAC that I would trade for Wisconsin and GTech, everyone has different things that get them going and while I am clearly attracted to more classic beauties I do not begrudge those of you that enjoy going trogging. 

No nobody is asking you to trade any of that or saying only the AAC title will save us.  Well, except for that strawman in your pocket 

We have to win both to go anywhere, which means the conference title has value, even more so than the OOC games becuase that means we won the majority of our games.  But please flood the field with all of these fallacies and bad arguments.  You're trolling is weak and tired.  Time to self scout and roll out a new routine... 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

18 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Every bowl game we have won we are called champions of the game and get a trophy, if you don’t value those trophies and championships it’s further proof that all trophies and championships are not created equal.

This is a serious question, since I typically just skip over every post of yours the past 6 months that has AAC in it. I understand what everyone else's position is on this argument/discussion/debate, but I still don't get yours.

Everyone: It would be nice to win an AAC championship, since that's the conference we're currently in and being promoted to another isn't happening anytime soon. Also, we've never won anything, so might as well win this one.

Puc: 2007 was the best and I don't like things now. Winning things now won't make it 2007 again?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

This is a serious question, since I typically just skip over every post of yours the past 6 months that has AAC in it. I understand what everyone else's position is on this argument/discussion/debate, but I still don't get yours.

Everyone: It would be nice to win an AAC championship, since that's the conference we're currently in and being promoted to another isn't happening anytime soon. Also, we've never won anything, so might as well win this one.

Puc: 2007 was the best and I don't like things now. Winning things now won't make it 2007 again?

Also, what would be the best possible outcome for us in 2019 WITHOUT an AAC title? Don't we have to win our conference to be considered for an NY6 bowl? What's the alternative? I can't believe there is even a need to debate this.....

3 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Also, what would be the best possible outcome for us in 2019 WITHOUT an AAC title? Don't we have to win our conference to be considered for an NY6 bowl? What's the alternative? I can't believe there is even a need to debate this.....

And that's where my confusion lies... Someone says, "I hope we win the AAC this year. That would be the best of our current situation." Then Puc chimes in with, "The AAC is bad. USF beat Kansas when Kansas was good! I don't understand why you people want to win the only thing you can possibly win in 2019. Why don't you want to win the thing we can't win, the Big East championship from over a decade ago?"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

30 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Are you saying that USF Football is like a child star who had instant fame but then couldn't handle it when the fame was gone?  Kind of like the kids from Diff'rent Strokes?  I think all of them (Willis, Arnold, and Kimberly) ended up with pretty messed up lives in adulthood.  You may be on to something here.

Very interesting analogy, and close with the "instant fame" aspect, but maybe a better one would be the stage parents of all those actors. Living vicariously, through, and basking in, their kids' stardom and totally not being able to handle it when it was ripped away.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Well that's not very nice and of course it would be difficult to understand my position if you do not read it but lucky for you I love to hear myself type so I do not mind repeating it. I would love nothing more than to win every single game we play every single time. The area where there seems to be some small point of contention is if we had to choose (not that we actually ever do or that it is even possible) between having wins against name brands that have brand equity or between wins against AAC teams which is more preferable. It is my belief that almost everyone on earth would rather play against brand name teams and have wins against brand name teams than they would against AAC teams. Others believe that the AAC wins are enhanced by some gift with purchase in the form of perhaps a championship that while making them individually worthless are greater than the sum of their parts. I value an AAC championship at roughly zero so I do not accept that argument ( although I would still love to win every single game). If however we were able to get a NY6 game out of winning the AAC championship I value that highly and would love and cherish that. Some think this is at odds with my argument because we cant have the NY6 game without the AAC championship but it is my belief that if we lose to all of our P5 competition we will not have the NY6 game anyway in which case I would have still preferred to have beaten the teams I actually value. 

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Well that's not very nice and of course it would be difficult to understand my position if you do not read it but lucky for you I love to hear myself type so I do not mind repeating it. I would love nothing more than to win every single game we play every single time. The area where there seems to be some small point of contention is if we had to choose (not that we actually ever do or that it is even possible) between having wins against name brands that have brand equity or between wins against AAC teams which is more preferable. It is my belief that almost everyone on earth would rather play against brand name teams and have wins against brand name teams than they would against AAC teams. Others believe that the AAC wins are enhanced by some gift with purchase in the form of perhaps a championship that while making them individually worthless are greater than the sum of their parts. I value an AAC championship at roughly zero so I do not accept that argument ( although I would still love to win every single game). If however we were able to get a NY6 game out of winning the AAC championship I value that highly and would love and cherish that. Some think this is at odds with my argument because we cant have the NY6 game without the AAC championship but it is my belief that if we lose to all of our P5 competition we will not have the NY6 game anyway in which case I would have still preferred to have beaten the teams I actually value. 

I still don't get it. You think 2-10 this year with wins over GT and Wisconsin is better than 11-2 with an AAC title and losses to GT and Wisconsin? And you think most people agree with this belief?

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

22 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

No nobody is asking you to trade any of that or saying only the AAC title will save us.  Well, except for that strawman in your pocket 

We have to win both to go anywhere, which means the conference title has value, even more so than the OOC games becuase that means we won the majority of our games.  But please flood the field with all of these fallacies and bad arguments.  You're trolling is weak and tired.  Time to self scout and roll out a new routine... 

I am not trolling. Many believe this would be the greatest accomplishment in our history I happen to disagree. Ultimately we have to be pretty close to perfect to make it to a NY6 game and we all want to win every game and we cant actually pick which games to lose (if we could I happen to pick the P5 games over the AAC games for reasons I have stated that I do not understand how anyone could misconstrue as trolling). 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I am not trolling.

This I have to agree with. Trolls post to rile up, and get a response out of, people. I don't think you give a **** if anybody ever responds to you and your 5,000 word posts are strictly some form of emotional therapy ....