• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's time to go on the record about the state of the program and transfers...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Amazing how 99% of your post is past tense...sad place to live. 

I am referencing the past as evidence of my feelings for the future (As the past is pretty good at predicting the future) where as others like to reference hypothetical fairytales not grounded in what is actually happening in the real world, so yes I am living in our reality which may be sad but its the only one that we have. I cant wait until we can win the AAC for no other reason than to finally put this nonsense argument to bed and perhaps to get an actual prize from it (not the trophy which I would display in the garbage can) but a game against a marquee program on a marquee stage in a NY6 bowl (which if we win people will actually remember even though no one knows who won the AAC last year much less years ago). 

20 minutes ago, puc86 said:

What I want for our program is what got us to 150 wins faster than any other FBS team in Florida, got us from trailers to number #2 in the nation in a decade, had us in a position to compete for a national championship while being in the adult leagues, created countless memories with me and my closest 65k friends as Ray Jay was rocking, people sported USF gear everywhere, the city was beginning to embrace the program, talk was everywhere and the excitement was palpable. There are tangible exciting things from throughout our history and I cant think of one that I would trade for an AAC championship. You think an AAC championship gets us somewhere beyond where we currently are? I kindly ask how many teams in a P5 conference have an AAC championship to their name?  The problem is being in the AAC and there are no amount of AAC wins that changes that problem. I do not think anyone is trolling me when they say they think the AAC championship will be great, people need to believe that there is something they can control that will make a difference in their lives. I am also not trolling when I state that I do not think it will make a difference and there is no no games in the AAC that I would trade for Wisconsin and GTech, everyone has different things that get them going and while I am clearly attracted to more classic beauties I do not begrudge those of you that enjoy going trogging. 

Trogging

Going after trogs (the unattractive girls who take advantage of your poor, late-night judgement). Generally happens after consuming large amounts of alcohol.
Man I went trogging again last night. Probably talked to every ugly girl in the bar.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I am referencing the past as evidence of my feelings for the future (As the past is pretty good at predicting the future) where as others like to reference hypothetical fairytales not grounded in what is actually happening in the real world, so yes I am living in our reality which may be sad but its the only one that we have. I cant wait until we can win the AAC for no other reason than to finally put this nonsense argument to bed and perhaps to get an actual prize from it (not the trophy which I would display in the garbage can) but a game against a marquee program on a marquee stage in a NY6 bowl (which if we win people will actually remember even though no one knows who won the AAC last year much less years ago). 

Really??? Seems my comments are indeed in the real world as they apply to the heat and now, not some time that lasted a few moments in the program’s history.

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Really??? Seems my comments are indeed in the real world as they apply to the heat and now, not some time that lasted a few moments in the program’s history.

The reality is that winning the AAC in and of itself has done nothing for any program and that every single winner of the AAC is still on the same sinking ship that we are on. You make think they are winning for some odd reason but it’s not going to make much difference if you are at the bottom of the sea with or without trophies that are valued slightly below teeball participation trophies.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

The reality is that winning the AAC in and of itself has done nothing for any program and that every single winner of the AAC is still on the same sinking ship that we are on. You make think they are winning for some odd reason but it’s not going to make much difference if you are at the bottom of the sea with or without trophies that are valued slightly below teeball participation trophies.

Totally disagree. If we win we are called CHAMPIONS...how many times have you heard that about USF football? Quick answer...NEVER. It’s all about winning brother. From an economic view your position is like 1970s USSR...don’t worry about winning...it does not matter...just enjoy breathing and be happy you can do that. This is a repugnant position to take about a college program that you graduated from and follow. I mean, why the hell even bother? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Totally disagree. If we win we are called CHAMPIONS...how many times have you heard that about USF football? Quick answer...NEVER. It’s all about winning brother. From an economic view your position is like 1970s USSR...don’t worry about winning...it does not matter...just enjoy breathing and be happy you can do that. This is a repugnant position to take about a college program that you graduated from and follow. I mean, why the hell even bother? 

Every bowl game we have won we are called champions of the game and get a trophy, if you don’t value those trophies and championships it’s further proof that all trophies and championships are not created equal.

Just now, puc86 said:

Every bowl game we have won we are called champions of the game and get a trophy, if you don’t value those trophies and championships it’s further proof that all trophies and championships are not created equal.

Bowl champion ain’t the same as a conference champion cuz. Not even close. The fact we have never ever really been close is a testament to how much more difficult it is...or it could be a testament to we have never ever really been that good to begin with. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

Everyone would prefer to win every single game, there is zero disagreement about that. The point of contention is if a win against Wisconsin should mean more to people than a win against AAC team X. There really should be no debate about this deep down everyone knows that every person everywhere would prefer to be playing and even better defeating a Big10 team over an AAC team and it does not matter what other things you call the AAC game because in the end you can call it a championship game all you would like but an AAC game by any other name is still just an AAC game and the market has spoken and no one gives a **** besides the most die hard of our fans and most of us are just trying to support the team in spite of our current station and not because of it.

Now that I think of it, that GT win last year did us worlds of good. It didn't matter that we were humiliated by Tulane while UCF went on to win another AAC title, leading to another NY6 bowl. The 5 game losing streak to end the regular season meant nothing, because we beat GT and Illinois, and that's what people will remember. You better believe that the P5 aficionados took notice. We were the toast of the G5 last year.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

It's the personification of the damage done with the BE invite and then, ultimately, the relegation back to where we should have been the whole time ..... continuing to build a more solid fanbase, that was there primarily for USF football, not the bling of the national recognition. That is one of the positives, though, of the BE time, the showing to the powers that be that the area should solidly support, at least attendance wise, the program at that level.

Are you saying that USF Football is like a child star who had instant fame but then couldn't handle it when the fame was gone?  Kind of like the kids from Diff'rent Strokes?  I think all of them (Willis, Arnold, and Kimberly) ended up with pretty messed up lives in adulthood.  You may be on to something here.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

Everyone would prefer to win every single game, there is zero disagreement about that. The point of contention is if a win against Wisconsin should mean more to people than a win against AAC team X. There really should be no debate about this deep down everyone knows that every person everywhere would prefer to be playing and even better defeating a Big10 team over an AAC team and it does not matter what other things you call the AAC game because in the end you can call it a championship game all you would like but an AAC game by any other name is still just an AAC game and the market has spoken and no one gives a **** besides the most die hard of our fans and most of us are just trying to support the team in spite of our current station and not because of it.

But beating a team like Wisconsin,  then losing 3 AAC games - that season still means diddly 

I still love your commitment puc

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

But beating a team like Wisconsin,  then losing 3 AAC games - that season still means diddly 

I still love your commitment puc

• Upvote 1