• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

Kickoff Luncheon is today. I will be there with a few of the partners from my firm. Anyone else going?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Kickoff Luncheon is today. I will be there with a few of the partners from my firm. Anyone else going?

I'll be there with my lovely wife.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Any updates on the event? I couldn't make it and Joey only posted two comments (Need $ for IPF and Jernard Phillips is doing well). 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

It was a pretty cool event. Each table had 2 players or coaches sitting with them. New president Steve Currall spoke, then Michael Kelly spoke, then CCS spoke. Veronica Cintron from Bay news 9 was the MC. The mayor was there and there was a pretty good turnout, around 500 people if I had to guess. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Man there’s something about Veronica...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

It was a pretty cool event. Each table had 2 players or coaches sitting with them. New president Steve Currall spoke, then Michael Kelly spoke, then CCS spoke. Veronica Cintron from Bay news 9 was the MC. The mayor was there and there was a pretty good turnout, around 500 people if I had to guess. 

Agree with the Accountant.  Too many people to try to ask around about the Bullspen.  54 tables w/ 10 at each.  Probably 200 from USF counting players, coaches/wives, Bulls Club, etc.  That's the most I've ever heard Charlie speak.  Ran over by 10 or 15 minutes.  

3 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

Man there’s something about Veronica...

She's a USF grad.  

As for Joey Knight, the wife and I chatted with him briefly.  My wife mentioned the lack of articles about USF in the paper and his response made sense.  Can't write about what he can't see and they won't even let him do interviews on the practice field before or after.  Have to be done in the Selmon Center.  Does have a piece out about Blake that he had prepared earlier.  I guess writers aren't getting any access to practice, not even the 15 minutes.

We looked into meeting the new President.  As we were standing outside the ballroom before the event VPofA Kelley came walking out the doors we were near with Pres Currall.  Kelley made introductions and we got to chat for a couple of minutes.  Seems okay.

Re: Kelley.  People, and I mean everyone we spoke to, like/love him and the direction Athletics is moving.  Chatted about the scheduling he's done and he kind of aw shucks it.  Humble, smart, personable.  Iron Bull numbers are up from upper 80s to over 110 in the year he's been here.  I came out of this excited about the team and Athletics in general.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

25 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

As for Joey Knight, the wife and I chatted with him briefly.  My wife mentioned the lack of articles about USF in the paper and his response made sense.  Can't write about what he can't see and they won't even let him do interviews on the practice field before or after.  Have to be done in the Selmon Center.  Does have a piece out about Blake that he had prepared earlier.  I guess writers aren't getting any access to practice, not even the 15 minutes.

I don't fault Joey for this. I do wonder what the thought process is behind zero access. Maybe it is to prevent distractions? Maybe it is to hide what we are really working on from an offensive perspective? Maybe it is a coach that just doesn't want to deal with it? What I do know is the unintended consequence is a lot less media coverage and, potentially, less excitement from the casual Tampa fan base. A big, nationally televised win over a ranked Wisconsin team on August 30 will more than make up for the light media coverage over the next week. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Nice article from gousfbulls.com, including a photo gallery. Nifty touch by the Prez and VPA with the complementary neckware ...

image.thumb.png.13c0ca8d4f898c231c0750b9865a2928.png

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

49 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Along with the BB article, JK has an article about the luncheon up, mainly focusing on MK's and CCS's pitching to some fresh meat about the need for the ipf, with the last several days being perfect examples of that need..